Name That Speaker

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited April 2007 in Vintage Speakers
I'm looking into a set of Polks that I've seen but can't remember the model. OK here goes...LARGE cabinet, 2 drivers, 1 passive radi and a cool tweeter set-up on top of the cabinet. Name that speaker.

Also, I'm not familiar with the CRS line of speakers. I'm looking into a pair the are pretty mint. One thing I noticed is that each speaker has a woofer / driver on the rear of the speaker. Is this right?
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dbnh
    dbnh Posts: 194
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Try this thread about Monitor 12s, as well as this manual, re:
    I'm looking into a set of Polks that I've seen but can't remember the model. OK here goes...LARGE cabinet, 2 drivers, 1 passive radi and a cool tweeter set-up on top of the cabinet. Name that speaker.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,840
    edited April 2007
    Options
    One thing I noticed is that each speaker has a woofer / driver on the rear of the speaker. Is this right?

It's a passive radiator.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited April 2007
    Options
    In addition to the two other responses:
    Also, I'm not familiar with the CRS line of speakers. I'm looking into a pair the are pretty mint.

The original CRS speakers have two tweeters whereas the second version, designated CRS+ has one. (The dimensional tweeters on all SDAs were deemed unnecessary and dropped.)
  • BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited April 2007
    Options

Whoo yeah baby! That's the RTA12! They made a RTA12A,B & C. I've got the C's and they cook!
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger