SDA SRS TL Original Brochures...and..

Options
avguytx
avguytx Posts: 1,628
edited April 2007 in Vintage Speakers
When I got the SDA-1C's from the original owner, I also got the original receipt for $1799 + tax in 1990 from a dealer in Austin, TX. Plus, I have 2 original brochures of which one is the SRS TL overvies brochure for the 1.2, 2.3 and 3.1TL's and the other is for the 3.1TL's only. If anyone would like me to scan a copy and email it to you, let me know. I know how I am about having things like that around to read! lol I can scan it in about as much detail as you're willing to receive in an email.

I also have a mint original owners manual for the SDA-1C but I know that one is in the Vintage Polk website for downloading. I love the recommended listening list in the back of the owners manual for to show off the "true stereo" capability. I have about 1/3rd of those already!
Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
Post edited by avguytx on

Comments

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited April 2007
    Options
    I would be into that a lot! I have only one brochure but it doesn't have anything about TL's.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • jtgranby
    jtgranby Posts: 887
    edited April 2007
    Options
    I would love to have one too.

Thanks
    JT
  • avguytx
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Let me get it scanned tonight. Shoot me a PM with what email address you want it sent to.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • avguytx
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Ok. Got them scanned for anyone that's interested in them.
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited April 2007
    Options
    I'd be interested,Thanks.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • RichCanDo
    RichCanDo Posts: 177
    edited April 2007
    Options
    I would like a copy also for my 1.2TL's. Thank you!
    Mains; SDA 1.2TL Silk Domes, upgraded xover, biamped w/DBX BX1 200wpc
    Pre-amp: DBX CX1
    Center: CS1000p Rear Surr.; f/x1000
    Parasound HCA-1205A amp; Center & rear
    Sub: SVS PB12-Ultra
    DVD: Denon 3910
    Tuner, FM: Onkyo Integra T-9090II
    Cassette: Onkyo Integra TA-2090
    VCRs: JVC HD4000U digital, HRS8000U SVHS
    Signal Processing: DBX; 10/20 EQ, SNR-1, 120X-DS, 3BX-DS, DAV-600G Router, Onkyo EQ-35
    Conditioning: Monster AVS2000, HTS5100MKII
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,654
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Please on the both. I have 3.1's.

Thanks, I have been on the lookout for brochures.
    engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • dbnh
    dbnh Posts: 194
    edited April 2007
    Options
    avguytx wrote: »
    I also have a mint original owners manual for the SDA-1C but I know that one is in the Vintage Polk website for downloading. I love the recommended listening list in the back of the owners manual for to show off the "true stereo" capability. I have about 1/3rd of those already!
    I am the original owner of a pair of SDA 1Cs, that came with a 1B manual with the 1B crossed out and 1C handwritten.

I note I went to the Polk vintage site to check for the aforementioned 1C manual, but could only find one for the 1Bs (it's identical to the one that came with my 1Cs). This is the site that I checked: http://www.polkaudio.com/search/older.php. It could be I'm not looking in the right place, as we're still in flood recovery mode in NH (still no telephone service, won't have it for weeks) and I'm definitely at reduced energy levels. In advance, a nudge of assistance is appreciated.
  • avguytx
    edited April 2007
    Options
    I've sent 5 emails out so far so unless you PM me the addy, I'm not sure what's gone where! I'm trying to make notes as I go, though.

The full line SRS scan is about a 1.6mb file and the 3.1TL scan is around 850mb. I am going to re-scan them both at a higher rez point for the heck of it. If you want upwards of a 5mb file, just let me know.
  • avguytx
    edited April 2007
    Options
    dbnh wrote: »
    I am the original owner of a pair of SDA 1Cs, that came with a 1B manual with the 1B crossed out and 1C handwritten.

I note I went to the Polk vintage site to check for the aforementioned 1C manual, but could only find one for the 1Bs (it's identical to the one that came with my 1Cs). This is the site that I checked: http://www.polkaudio.com/search/older.php. It could be I'm not looking in the right place, as we're still in flood recovery mode in NH (still no telephone service, won't have it for weeks) and I'm definitely at reduced energy levels. In advance, a nudge of assistance is appreciated.

Here's where you need to download it from. That's the manual I have as well that I downloaded before I got the original manual. You might even call Polk and see if they still have an original. Most likely, it's a scanned and printed copy.
  • dbnh
    edited April 2007
    Options
    avguytx wrote: »
    Here's where you need to download it from. That's the manual I have as well that I downloaded before I got the original manual. You might even call Polk and see if they still have an original. Most likely, it's a scanned and printed copy.
    avguytx,

Thanks for taking the time to post the link. I'm downloading as we speak! ;)
  • dbnh
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Ok, manual successfully downloaded. After going through it, I noted no mention of the playlist discussed in the original post.
    So, I'm wondering if you're amenable to making a copy of that list? Again, it's nice to have the 1C manual in my colletion now.

Peace, and thanks again for your efforts,

Dave B.
  • avguytx
    edited April 2007
    Options
    dbnh wrote: »
    Ok, manual successfully downloaded. After going through it, I noted no mention of the playlist discussed in the original post.

So, I'm wondering if you're amenable to making a copy of that list? Again, it's nice to have the 1C manual in my colletion now.

Peace, and thanks again for your efforts,

Dave B.

I guess it's just the original manual that has it since the downloadable one quits at page 11 and mine is 14 pages not including front and back cover. I can scan that manual for you (or anyone else) if they want it. No problem.

Actually, I'm scanning it now so just let me know...
  • engtaz
    edited April 2007
    Options
    yes i will take higher rez
    engtaz

• avguytx
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Update...

I now have the SDA SRS Brochure scanned in a 2mb and a 5mb file and the 3.1TL in a 850mb and a 2mb file.

The owners manual for the SDA-1C is a 2.5mb file that I did in another post.
  • engtaz
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Thanks you very much they look great. Now I need to find a color laser printer.
    engtaz

• dbnh
    edited April 2007
    Options
    The SDA-1C scans / file are of extremely high quality. avguytx, you're an asset to the vintage Polk community.
  • avguytx
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Thanks, dbnh. Glad to help out when I can.
  • polksda
    polksda Posts: 716
    edited April 2007
    Options
    The 2 brochures are now posted at http://www.polksda.com/srsad.shtml

Thanks to Kip for providing the PDFs!

-Dan