i need help wiring my subs

Options
little_rick
little_rick Posts: 1
edited November 2001 in Car Audio & Electronics
i have 2 polk ex series II 12's. they are both 4 ohms, my amp is a kenwood 728s and it is a 4 ohm stable. it is rated at 300 watts by 1, 100 watts by 2 at 4 ohms, and 150 watts by 2 at 2 ohm. i want to bridge my amp but it will get really hot and shut off. how should i wire my subs so they will get the most watts and sound the best without blowing my amp or speakers? i will appreciate all the help i can get.
Post edited by little_rick on

Comments

• polkaudiosupra101
    polkaudiosupra101 Posts: 48
    edited November 2001
    Options
    you must bridge the first sub to the amp then hook the other sub up parrallel to the first. this should solve your problem.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited November 2001
    Options
    That will give a 2 ohm mono load. The amp may or may not be able to run that way. If it does, great. If it goes into protect mode (or just to play it safe) you'll need to wire the positive lead from the amp to one of the sub's positive terminals, the negative lead from the amp to the other sub's negative terminal, then connect the remaining positive terminal of the one sub to the negative terminal of the other sub. Or just run them in stereo.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • polkaudiosupra101
    polkaudiosupra101 Posts: 48
    edited November 2001
    Options
    im not sure but it should keep the load at 4 ohms if you bridged both then it would become 2 ohms thats what happened with my amp.