So Cozy.......Office Systems

DarqueKnight
DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
edited January 2003 in 2 Channel Audio
I wasn't too thrilled about moving into my new office (11'x11'), in a new building, since it is 30% smaller than my former office (12'x15'). I was scheduled to take a corner office that had two walls of windows, but I opted for an office in the core of the building that has two walls flanked by hallways and that has better acoustics and less outside noise coming through the walls. Although I feel a bit cramped, I am fortunate in that my job affords the opportunity to spend significant amounts of time working from home.

wkofc-rrearm.jpg
The black rectangle under my desk ((behind the chair) is an Adcom GFA-555 Mk II power amp.

wkofc-audsysm.jpg
Closeup of audio components (top to bottom): Yamaha T-85 tuner, Yamaha MX-1 preamp, Yamaha CDX-1100 CD player, and (under desk) Adcom GFA-555 Mk II power amp.

wkofc-sdasm.jpg
The speakers are SDA-CRS+'s(in teak veneer). It's certainly not the optimal speaker arrangement, especially for SDA's, but it sounds good. I had originally purchased a pair of LSi9's for this office, but I found that I liked the bass response of the CRS+'s better. I sold the LSi9's.

Next up is my home office.

homeoffice-windowm.jpg
View toward left rear showing computer workstation.

homeoffice-systemm.jpg
On the left side of the audio cabinet (top to bottom) is a Sony DVP-S360 DVD Player and an Adcom GFA-5500 Power Amp. On the rignt side of the audio cabinet (top to bottom) is a Sony CDP-CA80ES CD Player, Yamaha CX-1000 Digital Preamp, Sony SLV-M11HF VCR, and a Yamaha TX-1000U Digital Tuner. The television is a Sony KV-27V42 27".

The speakers are Polk Audio SDA CRS+ Speakers with modified crossovers and cabinets re-veneered in teak. Stands are 28" O'Sullivan model 56011's.

homeoffice-rearm.jpg
View towards right rear of office.
Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
Post edited by DarqueKnight on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2003
    An 'office' rig, bettering most main rigs.

Applause all around, nicely done.

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited January 2003
    Man ur effin office is as big as my room.....why the heck are u complainin????
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • DarqueKnight
    edited January 2003
    Originally posted by MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    .....why the heck are u complainin????

Because I have 30% less space.:mad:
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited January 2003
    I have lots of space. Unfortunately I have to wear a hard hat and ear-plugs. Fortunately my SHARP boombox not only has cassette, but a 3 band equalizer. I noticed you don't have cassette or EQ. I guess mine wins.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited January 2003
    raife1, it must be nice to be submurge in nice music all day .
    nice set up.
    i got to ware hard hat to, and no radio to, they find out you have a radio they kick you off the job.:mad:
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited January 2003
    When i work during breaks and junk, my boss does not allow radios - he claims u cant hear when they are playing...so w/e
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited January 2003
    11x11? That is too small. Everyone I know who has a complete theater system in their office has at leat 15x22 to play with. If I were you, I'd complain to the main people in charge! I mean, how can you be expected to work under those conditions. :)
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • DarqueKnight
    edited January 2003
    Originally posted by madmax001
    If I were you, I'd complain to the main people in charge! I mean, how can you be expected to work under those conditions. :)
    madmax

Actually, we did complain...a lot, but it fell on deaf ears. Staying in our old offices was not an option because our former spaces had been assigned to other organizations.:supermad:
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited January 2003
    Sweet system you got there. I bet you have the most popular office in the building. Hell, if worked in the same building I would go in there and play around with the SDA's on your day off.

Maurice