FS: Parasound Pre-Amps

Options
dkg999
dkg999 Posts: 5,647
edited April 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I've had these two Parasound P/HP-850 pre-amps for about 3 years. The one on top has a few nicks on the top front edge, nothing major. The bottom one has only a couple of light nicks in the top front edge, not as noticable as the top one. Other than that, a few light scuff marks on the tops from equipment setting on top of them. Both work flawlessly.

You can read a lot of comments on these out on the internet. They offer a clean, detailed, neutral sound. For an entry level SS pre-amp you can't go wrong with one of these. I have the box for one of them, I have to check the serial# on the box to see which one it belongs to. They will be packed to withstand a nuclear attack, or shipping via UPS, FedEx, USPS! All inputs/outputs will be cleaned with DeoxIT/ProGold prior to shipping.

$125 each including shipping to the CONUS. For our Canadian members and AK/HI pm me to discuss how we do shipping and the extra costs. MO is the preferred payment method.

**** sale pending on bottom pre to michael_w ****
**** sale pending on top pre to phipiper10 ****
DKG999
HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
Post edited by dkg999 on

Comments

• dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited April 2007
    Options
    No remote capability.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2007
    Options
    $125 + Parasound = No Brainer.

The remote is attached to the end of your arm. It's the HAND model 1.0. It requires the LAZY **** mod to NOT be installed. If you have installed that mod, please uninstall, and reboot.

Hello???!!! McFly????!!!!
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Interested in the bottom one. PM coming to inquire about shipping. I just know that phono stage will be another addition to sink my money into. Not into vinyl yet even though my dad has about 300 amazing albums so that might have to change soon.

The passive pre Russ sold me has already got me prep'd for going sans-remote. ;) . I guess it helps to have my componnent rack within reach of my recliner.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,084
    edited April 2007
    Options
    dkg999 is a solid Polkie. I've had him over a couple times and because of his generocity I have a pair of Monitor 5b's and an almkost new Yamaha AX-900U all for my office rig. He was also kind enough to let me demo some of his gear for about 3 weeks.

Free bump

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited April 2007
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote:

The remote is attached to the end of your arm. It's the HAND model 1.0. It requires the LAZY **** mod to NOT be installed. If you have installed that mod, please uninstall, and reboot.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!:D :D
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • michael_w
    edited April 2007
    Options
    The two outputs are labeled Normal and Direct. The Normal output should be used for amplifiers that you are not sure can protect your speakers from DC in the signal path. The Direct output can be used for all Parasound amplifiers since they include DC Servos to protect your speakers from DC in the signal path. If you are unsure, call you amplifer manufacturer or use the Normal output.
    I have no idea if my NAD C352 protects against this. Anyone know off the top of their head if it does? I guess I'll just go with normal pre-outs for now and send an email to nad.
  • phipiper10
    phipiper10 Posts: 955
    edited April 2007
    Options
    OK, I'm in for the other pre. PM sent.

Rich
    Analog Source: Rega P3-24 Exact 2 w/GT delrin platter & Neo TT-PSU Digital Source: Lumin T2 w/Roon (NUC) DAC: Denafrips Pontus II Phono Preamp: Rega Aria MK3 Preamp: Rogue RP-7 Amp: Pass X150.8 Speakers: Joseph Audio Perspective 2, Audio Physic Tempo Plus Cables: Morrow M4 ICs & Audio Art SC-5 ePlus, Shunyata PCs Misc: Shunyata Hydra Delta D6, VTI rack, GIK acoustic panels
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited April 2007
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote: »

ROTFLMAO!!!
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,329
    edited April 2007
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote: »

I have a tuner like that now lol. A pioneer elite F-91 The first thing i did when i got it was to look online for a remote till I realized it didnt come with one lmaooooo. Now it resides next to the couch perched on a sub :D

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,653
    edited April 2007
    Options
    RuSsMaN you slay me. That hilarious!! LOL

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • michael_w
    edited April 2007
    Options
    He's crazy. The 'nick' on the pre I just received is so tiny I had to feel for it before I could actually see it. No scuff marks anywhere either ;)

Great guy to deal with. Fast and safe shipping (used original double boxes). I don't think he even has the money yet but hopefully it'll be there today or monday. I'll wait until he gets the money before sending one off to shack.

Can't wait to get home and give my first real active preamp a shot!

Thanks!