Main Channel combos

Options
Zen Dragon
Zen Dragon Posts: 501
edited January 2003 in Speakers
Ok, I know I think outside the box sometimes, but I am still searching for that price/performance balance. I have invested a good 20 or 30 hours reading old threads in the forums now, and came across an old thread on moutning RTi35's on top of Rt800i's, and wiring them in parallel.
This got the old brain cooking. I am still trying to get a tower size spkr, (LSi series not economically viable), and maximize my sound.
Has anybody ever done anything like, take a pair of RT55i's, and set RTi28's or 35's on top, wiring them in parallel.
These would be driven by a Hafler DH-220, which can easily manage the 4 ohm load. By stacking them I create the visual effect of a tower, but gain the extra drivers (3 mids, 2 tweeters).
Any thoughts?
The Family
Polk SDA-1C's
Polk SDA-2
Polk Monitor 10B's
Polk LSI-9's
Polk Monitor 5's
Polk 5 jr's
Polk PSW-450 Sub
Polk CSI40 Center

Do not one day come to die, and discover you have not lived.
This is pretty f***ed up right here.
Post edited by Zen Dragon on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Trappedunderice has done it, so have a couple other members. Scottvamp and raife have ran multiple speakers together for 'larger than life' center stages.

Check the system showcase (esp for the members listed above). I'm not sure Trapped has made it in yet, but any of his posts should have a link to his HT site.

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Zen Dragon
    Zen Dragon Posts: 501
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Ok:
    Had enough reading, and playing with combos. I took the plunge. Sound Distributors had a pair of LSi9's on ebay at 605.00 and they are coming to me!! I'll tweak the electronics, and live with a mismatch in surround until I can set LSi's up all around.

Welcome my son......Welcome to the machine!
    The Family
    Polk SDA-1C's
    Polk SDA-2
    Polk Monitor 10B's
    Polk LSI-9's
    Polk Monitor 5's
    Polk 5 jr's
    Polk PSW-450 Sub
    Polk CSI40 Center

Do not one day come to die, and discover you have not lived.
    This is pretty f***ed up right here.