FS: Audioquest GBC Bi-wire speaker cable (8')

Options
zombie boy 2000
zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
edited April 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
And the last audio goodie to come out of the closet is a 8' pair of Audioquest GBC Bi-wire speaker cables. 12 AWG design terminated all over with BFA silver banana plugs.
Cables are minty and sure to make you happy.

$OLD to Htrookie to the lower 48. Money orders fine and dandy. Paypal please add 3%.

Thanks
Jason:)
I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
Post edited by zombie boy 2000 on

Comments

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Pics? Come on Jason you know...........we need visual stimulation. I'm considering these if they look cool too!:cool:
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Sorry amigo... the Polaroid has been on the fritz. Helluva time considering all that I've had up for sale of late:D

Here's a stock pic FWIW
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • heiney9
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Tell me more. What does GBC stand for? How old are they? Where in the line did/do they fit? Can I put dibs on these until I can do a bit more research on them?

Thanks

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited April 2007
    Options
    AudioQuest GBC is a 6 conductor, 12 awg design! GBC is a very musical sounding cable in all areas, outperforming many others at three times the price. The Midrange has a very smooth and lifelike quality, while the most minute details in the high end are revealed with startling accuracy. And then there is the bass, the the foundation of all music. With its special bass conductors, Helical Array geometry, and its large aggregate size of 12 awg, the GBC delivers a tight, defined, and detailed bottom end. The special SST Spread Spectrum Technology uses 6 LGC Copper Hyperlitz conductors in a Helical Array to maintain the superb quality of this cable in full range, or single bi-wire use.

-- not me:D
  • heiney9
    edited April 2007
    Options
    The photo shows GR8 ? on the sleeves ?.
  • heiney9
    edited April 2007
    Options
    I'm heading home from work, I'll be in contact this evening to let you know for sure if I want them. Sounds like a good deal I probably won't pass up.

Thanks
    H9
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited April 2007
    Options
    So it does... that's what I get for relying on a stock photo.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Ok; while heiney9 is on his way home, let's delete this thread and I'll get them :D

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Ricardo
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Jason, how's the rain in your neighborhood????? Looks pretty heavy from here ;)

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Ricardo
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Seriously, I'll take them if he doesn't.

SOPA
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited April 2007
    Options
    HTrookie wrote: »
    Ok; while heiney9 is on his way home, let's delete this thread and I'll get them :D

See how much mileage you can get out of this one compared to the S C power cable sale,, on second thought ,,,nah :D
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • heiney9
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Funny guys........you can have 'em Ricardo :) . I have been thinking about making some custom bi-wire jumpers anyways. I was really only interested because they are bi-wireable for my Lsi's.

H9
  • Ricardo
    edited April 2007
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Funny guys........you can have 'em Ricardo :)

Have them? Have what? Am I missing something here?

SOPA
  • heiney9
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Seriously, I'll take them if he doesn't.

This is you correct :D . Or did I step into the Twilight Zone on my way home from work :p
  • Ricardo
    edited April 2007
    Options
    I just have the stupid level high today. PM sent. :)

SOPA
  • heiney9
    edited April 2007
    Options
    I just have the stupid level high today. PM sent. :)

You sent the the PM to Zombie, right? Not me......just making sure :p:D;)
  • Ricardo
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Here's what I sent him:

PM

Hey Jason, give me your Paypal address to send payment for the power cord

Ricardo.

SOPA
  • heiney9
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Here's what I sent him:

PM

Hey Jason, give me your Paypal address to send payment for the power cord

Ricardo.

LOL......Christ that's funny. I want to be there when you plug those spades in the electrical outlet. :D
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Does the power cord have spades or nanners :D
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Ricardo
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Ok; my PM has not been answered yet; if I don't hear from Zombie in one hour, I won't sell him anything :eek: :eek:

SOPA
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited April 2007
    Options
    PM sent to our good friend Ricardo
    Sorry guys... back to the party. Are we talking about monkeys, motorcylces, or herniated discs?
  • Ricardo
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Payment for the naked monkey sent.

SOPA
  • heiney9
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Payment for the naked monkey sent.

Now if I would have known "bi-wireable speaker cable" translated, meant naked monkey I would have negotiated a little harder. Enjoy your naked monkey Ricardo. I'll have to wait until the next naked monkey comes up FS. :D
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited April 2007
    Options
    They told me if I set him free and he returned...
    then our love was meant to be.

I'll knock him out, shove him in a box and sent him to Mason tonight.

SOLD to Htrookie:)
  • Ricardo
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Thanks guys; the monkey will be at the Chicagoland fest for everyone to try it :eek: :eek: :D

SOPA
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Freud would have pulled his hair out after reading this thread.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Hijack: I'm confused as to why AQ who claims that stranded ic's cause distortion still make these stranded (solid core) speaker wires. IMO you can't have it both ways. Either you choose truly solid core single strand and stick with it or you give in and say hey that stuff is too stiff to work with so we have to improvise and compromise and sell a somewhat distorted sounding speaker cable although I'm sure it must sound better than the multi stranded that everyone else sells. Just making assumptions here because I haven't heard these wires.
  • Ricardo
    edited April 2007
    Options
    I'm confused as to why AQ who claims that stranded ic's cause distortion still make these stranded (solid core) speaker wires.

Jason, before knocking out the monkey, please check if it has it stranded, solid, flexible, and if the physical properties change when current is applied.
    IMO you can't have it both ways.

One of my assumptions when I decided to buy was that the monkey in fact would have it both ways; if it's not the case, then I'll just keep my dog, and send the monkey to RT1 in exchange for the power cord.

SOPA
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited April 2007
    Options
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
    Actually, the monkey tends to fling it's own **** at walls. But the splatter is usually of the "golden ratio" championed by Cardas.
  • heiney9
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Actually, the monkey tends to fling it's own **** at walls.

Looks like my decision to pass this sale on to HTrookie was a good one!!:p

H9