sda 1 help

Options
gene4293
gene4293 Posts: 4
edited April 2007 in Vintage Speakers
Hello I have a pair of polk audio sda-1. I have a tweeter in each cabinet I need to replace. also between the tweeters is a gold bar that reads signature series mathew polk, is this rare. also my tweeters frame is a silver finish not the black finish. were can I buy the silver finish sda-1 tweeters. thanks gene
Post edited by gene4293 on

Comments

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the forum; you can call Polk Customer Service and get a silk replacement for your tweeters; they are not silver, but they are the right ones and you'll be pleased with the smoother highs.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited April 2007
    Options
    gene4293 wrote:
    Hello I have a pair of polk audio sda-1. I have a tweeter in each cabinet I need to replace. also between the tweeters is a gold bar that reads signature series mathew polk, is this rare. also my tweeters frame is a silver finish not the black finish. were can I buy the silver finish sda-1 tweeters. thanks gene

I saw your other post, did you grab those off of the Baltimore Craigslist? If so, I think they're Signature Edition 1A's. One of the veteran members (Dorokusai) checked them out, too. Ditto what HTRookie said, the tweeters available as replacements are said to be much better then the original SL2000's. And welcome to the Club.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • gene4293
    edited April 2007
    Options
    thanks for the info. yes I got them off the craigslist in b-more. the guy who was selling them his mother was a jazz singer and she was the owner of 3 sets of speakers. as far as his mother she is in a better place now. but he also said his father has his mother other stuff in storage and she has a bigger pair than the sda 1.. what is the model # of the tweeters sl 2000
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Here's the model # for those tweeters: RD0194-1. Last time I heard they were $48 each from Polk, plus shipping, of course. There's a very good source of info on these speakers from another forum member, Darqueknight. He's authored a Compendium on the SDA line that is an indispensable source on these guys.

Make certain to tell them you are a member of Club Polk and you get a discount on the parts!
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited April 2007
    Options
    strider wrote:
    Here's the model # for those tweeters: RD0194-1. Last time I heard they were $48 each from Polk, plus shipping, of course. There's a very good source on info on these speakers from another forum member, Darqueknight. He's authored a Compendium on the SDA line that is an indispensable source on these guys.
    What he said. Don't forget to mention you are a member of Club Polk to get them at that price.
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • gene4293
    edited April 2007
    Options
    thank you for the input guys:D