Renewed hope for E.T.

Options
Ron-P
Ron-P Posts: 8,516
edited November 2001 in Music & Movies
A special 20th anniversary edition of E.T. The Extra Terrestrial coming to theaters next spring will have new scenes and improved special effects. But when the DVD of the beloved film is released both the Steven Speilberg tweaked version and the original 1982 version will be included by Universal. Producer Kathleen Kennedy told USA Today Wednesday. Film Historians had worried that updating the movie would make it impossible for future fans to experience the film as it first wowed audiences.

This is great news.

Peace Out~:D
If...
Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
Post edited by Ron-P on

Comments

• Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Doesn't he have anything else to do, other than fiddle with his stupid movies?

He and George need to stop hanging out so much, they are bad influences on each other.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2001
    Options
    What is YOUR fav Speilberg movie?

R
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited November 2001
    Options
    The hatred runs deep for George and Speilberg in this one master jedi.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited November 2001
    Options
    While you are answering those question Micah, what in the hell is the quote you now have?
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Yeah, heck of a signature quote, huh? John Dos Passos, novelist, died in the 70s. Just seemed like a quote that fit my state o'mind these days. Tired of naysayers, eager to kill some foreign civilians no matter what the world thinks, take advantage of our position at the top of the food chain...

My favorite Spielberg film is "Jaws." It's simply a perfect film and accomplishes its goal most efficiently. No wasted scenes, everything leading up to the next thing... It's perfect story-telling, coupled with technically brilliant direction, excellent editing, great music... And Robert effing Shaw.

Then I'd have to site "Empire of The Sun." Brilliant direction, stunning, David Lean-esque cinematography, John Williams' most underrated (and most original) score and great acting carry a problematic often surreal (or, idiotic) story. A great great unseen picture.

Then I'd say "Raiders of The Lost Ark," for sheer fun and excitement. After "Raiders," like after "Star Wars," all the sequels are basically parodies of the original, everything gets more and more comic-book-like, while you can make an arguement for the "seriousness" of "Raiders" and the character of Indiana Jones, who (like the Star Wars gang) gets more and more silly as the sequels unspool. Even Connery can't save the last stupid Indiana Jones movie.

And that's it. Except for Spielberg's impromptu appearance at the end of Landis's "The Blues Brothers," he has really been nothing but a HACK. "Close Encounters" is just stupid, altho it does contain some impressive images (images that have obviously had a little too much of an influence on some kooky UFO people). "ET" is worse, it's just goofy and hyper-manipulative. The fact he can get an audience to CRY over something that looks like a raisin in a basket pulled from the bottom of someone's sneaker... It's a sad day for audiences. The "serious films," "SPR" and especially "Schindler's List" were mostly pandering PR exercises for his own self-important ego, they really were not GREAT FILMS like "Jaws." And the "Jurassic Park" and its ilk are just excuses to show off cool new computer technology, they're not really "skilled filmmaking." It's expensive hackwork.

So there.

FLAME ME! HA HA!

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited November 2001
    Options
    dang... Micah is hot today, let give him some credit...:p
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2001
    Options
    HA HA HA - Lackey.......

What a dope, what a maroon......

Doesn't have a very tight grasp of the obvious, does he?

R
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Stop working Micah so darn hard! Bring him by Kaos one day after work and I'll have a few girls dance to some of his favorite songs in his honor!

John
    No excuses!