Technics SL-DD2 turntables

Options
jm1
jm1 Posts: 618
edited March 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I have two Technics SL-DD2 turntables with AT-101EP cartridges.

The TT and cartridge are in new condition and were used to mix about 13 90-minute cassettes for casual listening and parties. The TT body is silver. The dust cover has never been used and is still in the original wrap. They have been in storage for many years and are no longer required. I kept thinking I might mix some more tapes, but this never happened.

The cost for the TTs is free. You will be required to pay shipping to your destination from:

Calgary, AB T3H 3R2
Canada

My only condition is that you require a TT for records you currently have and have the capability to use it with your current receiver, pre-amp or plan to acquire a phono stage.

Shipping will be in the TTs original box. I do not have any larger boxes to accommodate double boxing.

As stated above, there are two identical TTs available.

Edit

The box is 20" x 17" x 5" and weights about 13 pounds.

I opened the box and noticed the 'new' cover is packed on top of the styrofoam holding the TT body. The only thing protecting the cover is the cardboard box.:eek: The cover could be shipped seperately, but I think the shipping cost would not justify the TT price. I will look around the garage to see if any of the extra packing materials can be used to protect the cover.

I will post a picture later this weekend.

I only wanted these to go to a home where they can be used. :(
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed and third, it is accepted as self evident.
Arthur Schopenhauer
Post edited by jm1 on

Comments

• DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    edited March 2007
    Options
    I might be interest in one as I have some LPs that I like to hear again. I'll check shipping and let you know within the hour.
  • jm1
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Sorry, I am currently at work. When I get home, I will update the original post with measurements and weight.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed and third, it is accepted as self evident.
    Arthur Schopenhauer
  • DollarDave
    edited March 2007
    Options
    DaveMuell wrote:
    I might be interest in one as I have some LPs that I like to hear again. I'll check shipping and let you know within the hour.

[Edit] I changed my mind. It would only cost about $25 usd to ship it here. I would like to take you up on your offer.
  • jm1
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Hi Dave,

I have some extra packing material I saved from a new server at work. I will add a new top to the box using the material and extra cardboard to protect the TT cover. Give me a few days to create this.

Would you prefer UPS or Canada Post/USPS for package delivery? I can take it to both to get a quote. PM me with your address, delivery options (insurance).

John.
    Arthur Schopenhauer
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited March 2007
    Options
    pm to you jm1 :)
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • DollarDave
    edited March 2007
    Options
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited March 2007
    Options
    PM'd
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • jm1
    edited March 2007
    Options
    I wish I had more TTs to send, but unfortunately, I only have two.

DaveMuell and JimBRICK have expressed interest in the TTs. I will be creative tomorrow and see what I can do to remedy the TT box so the covers do not get damaged. It would be a shame to destroy this as they are in new condition.

JimBRICK, please send your address.

I will get a shipping quote for the TTs then you two can decide if it is worth the shipping cost. Payment can be by PayPal.

If either decide not to receive the TTs, ben62670 then burdette will be next in line.

Attached is a picture of the TT box with the cartridge box. The dust cover is packed at the top of the styrofoam packing.:rolleyes:
    Arthur Schopenhauer
  • ben62670
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Thanks JM1
    This is real nice of you to hook up some fellow Polkies ;)
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • jm1
    edited March 2007
    Options
    One TT has been packed to withstand shipping. I am scrounging for further material to protect the second TT. Once I have the second securely packaged, I will take both to get the shipping quotes for your destinations.

John.
    Arthur Schopenhauer
  • dipiazza
    dipiazza Posts: 363
    edited March 2007
    Options
    If anything falls through put me next on the list. Thanks!

-Jake
    Terps Swimming!
    HT Setup
    TV: Vizio VX32L
    Reciever: Pioneer VSX-D914
    HD-DVD Player: Toshiba HD-A2
    Fronts: Polk R50s
    Surounds: Polk R30s
    Center: Polk R20's
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39PCi

2CH Setup
    Integrated: Onix SP3 Tube
    CD Player: Sony CDP-CX355
    Speakers: Onix Strata Mini in PR Finish
    Signal Cable: Classic Speaker, Analog 1 IC

Headphones
    Grado SR 60, Bang & Olufsen A8, Shure e3

Other Stuff in Use
    Onix xls, Dual Onix x-subs, Onix Ref .5, Dahlquist M903, Teac A-1D, Marantz 1060
  • jm1
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Both turntables have been packaged for shipment.

DaveMuell: I will get a shipping quote for you this evening.

ben62670: I have sent a PM requesting your address for a shipping quote.

burdette then dipiazza will be next in line if the above do not wish to receive the TTs.

I will be using Canada Post/USPS for shipping as the local post office is open until 21:00 and the UPS store closes at 18:00.

Thanks for your patience.

John.
    Arthur Schopenhauer
  • jm1
    edited March 2007
    Options
    One TT has been sent to ben62670.

Awaiting confirmation on the shipping charges from DaveMuell before sending the TT.

JM
    Arthur Schopenhauer
  • jm1
    edited March 2007
    Options
    The second TT has been sent to DaveMuell.

Both TTs are now in transit to their new homes.

JM
    Arthur Schopenhauer
  • jm1
    edited March 2007
    Options
    DaveMuell,

You have a PM with the shipping details and payment amount.

John.
    Arthur Schopenhauer
  • DollarDave
    edited March 2007
    Options
    PayPal sent.

Thanks again!
  • DollarDave
    edited March 2007
    Options
    It arrived in great shape. I am in the middle of packing, so it will be this weekend before I get a chance to enjoy it. Thanks again for your generosity.

Dave.
  • ben62670
    edited March 2007
    Options
    DaveMuell wrote:
    It arrived in great shape. I am in the middle of packing, so it will be this weekend before I get a chance to enjoy it. Thanks again for your generosity.

Dave.
    Still waiting on mine. I can't wait to try out some LPs on my system. :)
    Thanks
    Ben
  • jm1
    edited March 2007
    Options
    DaveMuell wrote:

Dave.

I am relieved it arrived intact. Happy listening.
    Arthur Schopenhauer
  • ben62670
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Man oh man this is one sweet TT. It arived today in perfect shape. The thing looks like it is brand new. I'm spinning some Crosby Stills and Nash.
    Gotta go
    Thanks jm1
    Ben
    Thanks
    Ben