Options
2»

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Years ago?

Last time you came over you were chewing gum (loudly), and when I asked if you wanted to buy some speaker cables also - you 'snapped' your jaw closed at me and said: "You're everyone's problem. That's because every time you go talking about audio, you're unsafe. I don't like you because you're dangerous."

That's right! Ice... man. I am dangerous.

Cheers,
    Maverick
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited March 2007
    Options
    God, I love that sequence. I act that out quite often with friends and co-workers. . . and I always play the role of Ice Man, and play it well. Man, it's too bad Val had to pass away so young. What, Val's still alive you say?!? Noooooo way. . .

Also a lot of high five, windmill, reverse low-fiving going on around here.

When you getting these speakers? I'm going to go check out the 2e's over lunch.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited March 2007
    Options
    I see an unnecessary shirtless volleyball sequence in the Forum's future...
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Andy I received the stands today in perfect condition and excellent packaging.

I had my butler put them together and got to listen to a song or 2 and they give the speakers great mid bass and midrange. Bass was also quite punchy. All good.

Those Monitor series Polks just look at home sitting on those stands.

Thanks,

Scott
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Maybe the extra midbass was just your butler humming along to the tracks. I usually have to tell mine to shut up before I do critical listening.

Glad you got them and are enjoying.

Stereo, did you get your cables yet?
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850