Bannana plugs for Monitor 5B

Options
ANWKLO
ANWKLO Posts: 173
edited March 2007 in Vintage Speakers
Can the bannana plugs be firmly connected to the Monitor 5B? Thanks.
Post edited by ANWKLO on

Comments

• michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited March 2007
    Options
    I use acoustic research nanners and have no problems hooking them up to my monitor 7's that use the same terminal cup (from the looks of it). It varys from plug to plug how tight the fit will be, but for the most part they're fairly universal.
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Banana plugs work on my 10B's with no problem. That appears to be almost the same terminal cup sans fuse holder. The plugs look the same...but like anonymouse said.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Yes........
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Yes.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    edited March 2007
    Options
    dorokusai wrote:
    Yes.

So you concur.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Aye.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited March 2007
    Options
    doro is prom-iscuous.
  • michael_w
    edited March 2007
    Options
    I couldn't resist. Sorry Mark.
    markyfurtadomc5.jpg450570268smallqp1.jpg
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2007
    Options
    LOL

Holy crap, look at my neck! At least you picked a semi-sober picture....whew :D
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Mark is sort of sexy with long hair.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • michael_w
    edited March 2007
    Options
    I figured the little half-smile was fitting to keep it close to the original. For some reason I don't think this is the first time Russ has seen 'Mark gone nelly'? Think of it as a Troy-esque mask ;)
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2007
    Options
    I look like the drunk redneck version of Robert Plant in the 80's.