7B's waiting to be unleashed.....it hurts

Options
Jonesy
Jonesy Posts: 189
edited March 2007 in Vintage Speakers
Well my 7B's arrived a couple days ago......I paid too much for them but they're great looking and great sounding, I think. Due to freaky circumstances around here lately I haven't been able to stretch their legs as much as I'd like yet.

I am also beginning to think that the 70wpc that's running them right now ain't gonna do it. They sound pretty damn good off the Rotel 971 that's pushing them at the moment, but like I said, I haven't been able to push them. However that amp will be moving back upstairs to push my patio speakers now that the snow is melting and I'll be needing something else to push these babies.

I'm thinking old school Carver. Maybe Hafler....dunno. I'd like to keep it under $300 to keep in line with the vintage/inexpensive (not 'cheap') theme for this rig. They'll be feed by a modded toshiba 3950 with a Pioneer 810. Nothing spectacular but enough to keep things interesting.

I'm starting work on the stands. Lots of great information here. Thanks. I ain't gonna post pics until they're at least assembled as they're sitting on my R20 stands right now and they look pretty damn goofy.
Post edited by Jonesy on

Comments

• MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited March 2007
    Options
    They can't look any goofier than using RTi10's for speaker stands.

I am using 25 watt ASL monoblocks to power Monitor 5's and they sound great.

MLS
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited March 2007
    Options
    I'm using the ASl AV-20's that I got from HTRookie with 7c's and they are effing MAGIC,,:D ,I played them thru my 5's and they were very good, but when I hooked up the sevens,,sheer sweetness--have fun. :)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited March 2007
    Options
    I will get some 7's one day.
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D