Replacement tab thingies?

Options
dohcmark8
dohcmark8 Posts: 229
edited March 2007 in Vintage Speakers
Anyone know where I can get replacements for the little tab thingies that hold the grille on?

I have the RTA8.

Thanks.
Post edited by dohcmark8 on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Try Parts Express.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Disc Jockey
    Disc Jockey Posts: 1,013
    edited January 2007
    Options
    You can also try contacting Polk.
    "The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage." Thucydides
  • F1nut
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Polk does not sell them.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Disc Jockey
    Disc Jockey Posts: 1,013
    edited January 2007
    Options
    I got some from them about 8 months ago for my 11tl's, are they different?
    "The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage." Thucydides
  • F1nut
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Hmmmm.......maybe they started selling them again.

President of Club Polk

• BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited February 2007
    Options
    It really doesn't matter as they're actually referred to as "the little tab doohickeys" around here anyways. :p
  • catmat10_2
    catmat10_2 Posts: 52
    edited March 2007
    Options
    I took some time and looked into it. Polk does have what they call treelocks, they come in two sizes, mini Treelock Part # RF 9932-1 these fit my 10b monitor series for $1 each $.80 club polk member price. And Large Treelock Part # RF 9905-1 these fit SDA SRS 1.2 and 2.3s and cost $1.20 each $.96 member price. Parts Express has what they call Grill guides. Two of them look like they will work on Polks, Small grill guides Part # 260-368 and Heavy Duty Grill Guides part # 260-367 they have the ball part that goes into the speaker and the socket that fits in the grill. You get 12 pair for $1.95. Has anyone bought these, do they fit polk speaker grills properly?
  • catmat10_2
    edited March 2007
    Options
    The parts express grill guides do not fit polk speakers properly. They will work but you will have to drill the cabinet and maybe the grill for them to fit. Polk has them call 1-800-377-7655
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited March 2007
    Options
    The PE grill guides work fine as long as they are used for just a couple replacements. IN other words, you can't replace a whole set of treelocks with the PE version without some extra work. These are best used for main body replacement, not corners for example.

Polk JUST started carrying these again as they previously didn't for many years.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • catmat10_2
    edited March 2007
    Options
    You cannot put partexpress into the cabinet of a 10b without drilling the holes out to 3/8 inch. I am not saying you can not use them I'm just saying you will have to drill out the holes to a larger size for them to work. I bought them and tried. The ball fits well in the grill you will not need to install the socket in the grill for 10b.
  • catmat10_2
    edited March 2007
    Options
    You cannot put partexpress into the cabinet of a 10b without drilling the holes out to 3/8 inch. I am not saying you can not use them I'm just saying you will have to drill out the holes to a larger size for them to work. I bought them and tried. The ball fits well in the grill you will not need to install the socket in the grill for 10b.
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2007
    Options
    catmat10_2 wrote:

You don't NEED to use the socket. That's specifically why I mentioned NOT using them on corners OR for overall replacement. The comment was in regards to the actual treelock, not the socket.

I may have done this to you know.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • catmat10_2
    edited March 2007
    Options
    You don't need to use the socket for 10b, but you will need to use the socket for SDA SRS and other speakers using the large treelocks, if you use the partsexpress piece they do not fit the polk grill properly, they are smaller and fit loosely into the grill. And lets not forget you will have to drill the cabinets to install both ball partsexpress pieces. For the couple of dollors call polk, do it right!
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2007
    Options
    You don't have to drill the cabinets for the PE locks.....and you just keep saying what's already been said. Good luck in your audio travels.
  • catmat10_2
    edited March 2007
    Options
    I have a set of 10b. And a set of SDA SRS 1.2. The 1.2 are prestine and I don't want to mess with them. But the 10b treelocks were all broke off but one. I ordered the partsexpress parts and you will have to drill the cabinet of the 10b from 1/4 to 3/8 for the partexpress part to fit.
  • F1nut
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Enough already! We got it in the first of your five "drill" posts. You had to drill, Doro and I didn't. Please move on.

President of Club Polk

• catmat10_2
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Fine I won't post anything more on this. I just would like to know how you got them to fit without drilling the 10b or any other speakers that use the small treelock. Partsexpress says there part needs a 3/8 hole. The small polk treelock fit a 1/4 hole. I tryed to install the partsexpress piece by hand no luck, I put a socket over the ball against the base with a extenion and pushed as hard as I could, and I am no weakling and they would not fit in the 1/4 hole. I did not drill I'm buying polk!