Room design, wiring and setup

Options
Strong Bad
Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
edited November 2001 in Technical/Setup
Hi all!

In the next few months, my brother is going to begin building his son (my nephew) a room in the basement of their home.

Here's the deal. I'm going to get involved in this since my nephew takes right after me and practically everyone else in this room. He's a serious audio junkie!!! This room is primarily going to be designed around proper setup of a home theater, although it will be his bedroom. It will be a nice size room nonetheless (size to be determined shortly).

Can anyone recommend any websites and/or publications for wiring the room, setup/positioning of his speakers (which of course will be all Polk) and any other helpful hints???

Right now he has the RT55i's with an old stereo receiver and a CS400 in storage. Plans for purchase are the FX500i's, another CS400i for the rear center and a sub (to be determined later). Also will be purchasing a nice surround receiver which may be the Denon 3802.

Thanks everyone!

John
No excuses!
Post edited by Strong Bad on

Comments

• CHRIS
    CHRIS Posts: 454
    edited November 2001
    Options
    John
    I have some pages saved from when I was building my H/T room. I did search after search to get all the info I could. If I do say so myself it turned out great. I will try to get them together and post them or send them to you if you want. With MSNTV you can't put more then one attachment at the same time. Also most of what I searched on was noise reduction and sound proofing because of the components of the system. I pretty much knew how I was going to run all the wirering and how I was going to break down the circuits, I have a friend who is a electrishion(spl?) who helped a lot in this catagory.
    As far as speakers the 3802 has two settingsfor rars direct and dipole fr diferent movie catagories. I would add a pair of RT35s for sides and a pair of RT25s to the rear to compliment the FX500s, should make a well rounded system plus a Velodyne. IMO they are superior to Polks in the subs.
    Chris
    Chris :)
  • CHRIS
    CHRIS Posts: 454
    edited November 2001
    Options
    John,
    www.keithyates.com offered some good advice with good links, books and such.
    Chris
    Chris :)