new tv

Options
19ram98
19ram98 Posts: 18
edited January 2003 in Electronics
I am considering purchasing a new tv. I am currently looking at the Samsung HLM507W, 50" DLP set, Panasonic PT52DL52 52" DLP set, and two normal 65" rear projectors from Mitsubishi and Toshiba. I would like to buy a set that will last for quite a while. Price is a factor, I can get the 65"rp for about $600 less than the 50" DLP sets. If anybody has any comments/experience with these sets, the information would be greatly appreciated
Post edited by 19ram98 on

Comments

• MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited December 2002
    Options
    dad has a 62 inch project. mits tv, has worked for almost 10 years, no problems
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited December 2002
    Options
    as long as it's HDTV ready, you can find one within your budget...personally, I think the Pioneer elite HD-PRO530 (53")would be one that will continue to give you viewing enjoyment for a long long time...
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Nice sets your looking at. At least it isn't a $3000 32"Wega. HELLO!! I applaude you. If it is going to be mostly for HT - maybe look into Front Projection. Hint - Hint!!!!!
    ;)
  • 19ram98
    edited December 2002
    Options
    I am buying the set from the place I work, so I can get it at cost plus X% and unfortunately the selection of projectors is limited (two). I also prefer the "mobility" of normal tvs. I can pick from Sony, Toshiba, Samsung, Phillips, JVC, RCA, Magnavox, Zenith, Hitachi, Mitsubishi, and Panasonic. I was wrong on the model numbers for the Samsung tv's, the one I originally posted were for the entry level dlps, I would buy their Tantus line w/ the Faroudja video processing and 3:2 pulldown.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited December 2002
    Options
    I also prefer the "mobility" of normal tvs.

Lost me here man. Mobility is a huge selling point of FP. 300lbs vs 10lbs. Hey cost on a big screen - no brainer. Do the research and pick what fits u best. Good Luck!!
  • jdavy
    jdavy Posts: 380
    edited December 2002
    Options
    I vote for the DLP. They look very nice.
  • 19ram98
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Unless the new 57" Toshiba w/LCoS is coming out soon, I think I am going with the Samsung 61"
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited December 2002
    Options
    the panasonic dlp is my pick it is real easy to change the projector bulb and the bulb is good for 10,000 hrs.
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • begbie
    begbie Posts: 630
    edited January 2003
    Options