Yamaha CDR-HD1300

Options
audiobliss
audiobliss Posts: 12,518
edited March 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
After noticing how long this post is, the essential information has been moved up top and put in bold. Continue reading past that point at your own risk. ;)

Here's a unit on Audiogon going for $450. I'm thinking about $350 including shipping. Let me know if that’s out of line or just right.

Please express any interest in this thread. Order of response in this thread will dictate your order in line, should there be a line. If you don’t have any interest in this product but have comments, suggestion, criticisms about this thread, please keep it to PM. This is my first FS thread, so I’m definitely open to advice, but please don’t muck up this thread.

Payment details:
I’ve been burned by a few (0) buyers (guess who I got that one from? :D), so I will only accept a MO. Upon receipt of the buyer’s MO, I will send out the unit. Shipping method? Hmm. I’d say UPS. Or FedEx. I really don’t know which to choose. If there’s no difference in price, or if the price difference is minimal, buyer can pick. I will pack the unit to the best of my ability, which may include double-boxing.

As for a time line, I'll get the unit out as soon as I can. That should most definitely be under a week, but probably not by much. If you want to see a different angle of the unit, feel free to ask. After all, the worst I can do is say no. :D

I bought this unit from fireshoes back last October. Essentially it's a hard drive player and CD recorder. You can pop in CD's and play them, or you can opt to rip them to the internal hard drive. This unit has an 80gb HD in it, which will allow you to rip approximately 130 CD's to it.

When you rip a CD, you have to enter the CD title, artist, track title, etc. Now, you can do that with the remote. It has a little keypad layed out just like a phone, with certain letters appropriated to a number. So I'm sure you can picture yourself sitting there now, in front of the unit, putting in the CD info like you're texting someone, just before throwing the remote out the window and screaming. No need to fear. You can hook the unit up to your computer through a serial port with the unit's RS232 port. You can then download a very small, minimalistic, but effective program from Yamaha's website entitled TitleEdit (found here ) that will allow you to type in all the CD info with your keyboard and then send it to the CDR-HD1300. Due to the arrangement of pins in the RS232 port and in your computer's serial port, you have to use a null-modem cable to hook it up. Then, if that's not long enough, you'd have to use a regular parallel cable as an extension. I'm including the 15' null modem cable and 6' extension (serial) cable I bought to hook it up.

There's also a video out for this unit so you can hook it up to a TV or a monitor and navigate the menus that way. I found it a bit simpler to use through a monitor, but for regular playback the display on the front panel is just fine. I have to admit I did find the ripping process rather confusing no matter which I used. Reading the manual is a must for ripping! Speaking of the manual, I don't *think* I have a paper version, meaning you'll have to download a PDF version from Yamaha's website (found here).

Now, back to the video out. You can use either an S-Video output or a composite video output. I'm using the composite video output with a 20-some-odd foot long composite video cable. Cable's included.

As far as aesthetics, it's not quite like new. The front fascia is VERY close if not there, and the top isn't that far behind. However, the top left corner is scratched through to the metal.

Functionality is just fine.

Here's fireshoe's writeup on it in his FS thread, just in case you're interested:
fireshoes wrote:
The Yamaha CDR-HD1300 has been one of my favorite components for the last few years, but I just haven't been sitting down to listen to music enough, so I'm hoping someone else can get some more enjoyment out of it. The unit is a single-tray cd player/recorder and has an 80gb hard drive built in as well to let you digitally store your music. The hard drive holds approximately 130 cds. I have it full, you can delete what you want (mostly rock/metal, some jazz). The hard drive recordings are done in wav format so they are very high quality. The album and songs names can be manually entered on the unit or you can hook it to your pc's serial port and use software from Yamaha to enter the information. You can also bookmark your favorite tracks. Changing between discs recorded on the hard drive is also much faster than changing on a conventional cd changer.

When copying a disc, there is function called AMQR (Audio Master Quality Recording) for the best quality recording quality. The CDR-HD1300 also has on-screen display for conveniently viewing track information. On the rear, it has analog audio inputs and outputs, as well both optical and digital coax inputs and outputs. There is also a composite and s-video video output for the on-screen display, and an RS232C port. It uses 24-bit DAC's, which IIRC are Burr-Brown. A great sounding piece for someone looking for quality cd playback but with the convenience of a changer and recorder.

IMG_1056.jpg
IMG_1055.jpg

For more pictures, you can see all the ones I've uploaded to photobucket here.

Here's a little bonus offer, too. You can look over a list of all my (and Dad's) CD's and choose ~130 you want. I'll then rip those to the unit and enter the CD info for you, so you end up getting ~130 free CD's. Of your choice. Now, I have my list setup at www.cd-tracker.com, and you're supposed to be able to link to your list for anyone to see without logging in, but it's not working. So, whoever ends up winning, I'll PM my info to him so he can log in and view my list. Of course, I'll change my password afterwards. ;)

Thanks for looking!
Jstas wrote: »
Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
In Use
PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
Epson 8700UB

In Storage
[Home Audio]
Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
Post edited by audiobliss on

Comments

• ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited March 2007
    Options
    That's not component output, it is composite

Also, I can't access the PDF manual without registering.
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • audiobliss
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Thanks! I actually meant to check that before I posted but then forgot.
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited March 2007
    Options
    The pdf file is too big to upload but I have it saved if anyone needs it emailed. AB? You want it? dorokusai@comcast.net
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • audiobliss
    edited March 2007
    Options
    dorokusai wrote:
    The pdf file is too big to upload but I have it saved if anyone needs it emailed. AB? You want it? dorokusai@comcast.net
    You're awesome! ;)

Now I can email the buyer the PDF version of the user manual.
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,716
    edited March 2007
    Options
    You can view the manual here:

http://www2.yamaha.co.jp/manual/pdf/av/english/cdR/CDR-HD1300.pdf

I have a CDR-HD1500, which is the same, but has a 300GB drive. Fantastic unit, but a couple of corrections. There is no variable bit rate, it records only lossless copies. They are bit for bit copies in .CDA format just like CD's, not wave files.

And ripping couldn't be easier, just insert the CD, hit the coppy button, and hit play to rip the disc.
  • audiobliss
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Thank you for the corrections. I changed the original post accordingly. :)
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited March 2007
    Options
    If you don't mind me asking.....Why you getting rid of it?

Also...not sure why you found ripping to be difficult. All I ever do is insert the disc press the copy button once, and then the play button.

Anyway....hope the sale goes well!
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • audiobliss
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Guess it's a piece of cake to rip CD's, then! Come to think of it, I think I was thinking about burning CD's from the HD; IIRC that was slightly difficult. Maybe not, though.

Why am I selling? You'll be seeing a lot (LOT) of my stuff on here for sale here in the next week(s). I'm gathering funds for an entirely different project.
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited March 2007
    Options
    audiobliss wrote:
    ....I'm gathering funds for an entirely different project.

OOOOHHHH I'm very intrigued!!!:D

By the way your price seems pretty good to me. If I recall properly retail used to be $799.

To anyone looking for a lossless jukebox, or a great way to dub Vinyl (or other source) to CD should snag this.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • audiobliss
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Ooh, very good point, cmy330go. This is a great way to transfer tapes and records to CD. I was planning on doing a lot of that, moreso with tapes than with records, but I never got around to it.

Thanks for the good words, cmy330go.
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • audiobliss
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Bump.

Come on, folks. Nobody wants a great, convenient way to play their CD collection without switching CD's? It's the convenience of using a PC...without the noise/SQ problems.

Great way to transfer old mediums to digital, to boot.
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]