63 x 21 x 13

Options
Polk65
Polk65 Posts: 1,405
edited March 2007 in Vintage Speakers
These are big speakers and I had to think it over but with measurements like this I couldn't resist. Eventually I called and got a description of their condition. This was part of a moving sale so I figured he would be waiting for the highest offer. I offered $50 over the asking price to pick them up that night and to my surprise he said yes.

Yet another pair of vintage Polk's rescued from garage duty. Some scratches on the endcaps, candle wax on top and down the front of one grille, grille snags, dust and dead bugs all over. Fascia and side wood trim are very good. Side panels are straight and true but the fabric is frayed so all fabric will need to be replaced. Top endcaps will probably be ok after light sanding. Passive radiators and surrounds are in great shape aside from layers of dust.

The guts have various 1989 dates and nothing says 1.2TL however the crossover components, and the lengthwise wooden brace just behind the passive radiator made me feel better. Included was the interconnect and feet. He said he bought them at a Good Guys store. This is not the first time that I have heard this so they must have done some decent business in SDA's. Too bad CompUSA acquired them, then closed their stores two years later.

update:

Windex and a cloth cleaned up the mid-woofers nicely. Two mid-woofers had nicks and were replaced. Found some crayon marks on the sides of fabric and wood trim. No more bugs.

According to Polk legend "remember, these are not the last pair on earth. They may be the next to the last pair, but not the last ones..."
01.jpg 71.9K
02.JPG 356.1K
03.JPG 316.6K
04.jpg 239.6K
05.jpg 126.4K
Post edited by Polk65 on

Comments

• engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,654
    edited March 2007
    Options
    They are sweet and I am jealous.

Great snag,
    engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Ron Temple
    Ron Temple Posts: 3,212
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Congrats...where in NorCal were these and how much (if you don't mind)?

Combo rig:

Onkyo NR1007 pre-pro, Carver TFM 45(fronts), Carver TFM 35 (surrounds)
    SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE
  • Ron Temple
    Ron Temple Posts: 3,212
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Nevermind...just looked on CL...you robbed the guy. Great find. In my own backyard...gag

Combo rig:

Onkyo NR1007 pre-pro, Carver TFM 45(fronts), Carver TFM 35 (surrounds)
    SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Awesome!!!
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D