Power Management

Options
nellis8166
nellis8166 Posts: 292
hello all,

can anybody recommend a line conditioner/surge supressor that I can run all my gear on and not have to worry about???
another question is when l listen to a dvd at loud volumes the picture on my tv pulses with the beat of my sub. do i not have enough electricity,what could be causing this and is there anything I can do about it???
keep in mind i am on a budget with the first question. thanks in advance,

nat
RTi10
CSi5
RTi28
SVS PB12-ISD2

Denon 2106(pre/pro)
Adcom 5503(200x3)

Audioquest Diamondback ICS
Kimber Kable 8tc biwire(mains and center)

"Don't let your silly dreams fall in between the crack of the bed and the wall."
-J. James
Post edited by nellis8166 on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,803
    edited December 2002
    Options
    nat,

Check out www.psaudio.com. Sorry, I can't help you with the other question.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• schumach
    schumach Posts: 199
    edited December 2002
    Options
    nat,

I had the same problem with my TV, but once I ran a dedicated circuit the problem was resolved. I later found out that the microwave oven was wired in with the original plug I was using for my HT, which is located in a separate room. After finding this out I ran a separate circuit for my HT and my microwave oven. Good luck.
  • Zen Dragon
    Zen Dragon Posts: 501
    edited December 2002
    Options
    You are definitely running too many items on a single circuit. (This does not necessarily mean a single outlet) Often multiple outlets in a single room are on the same breaker circuit. In an old home the wiring can make your head spin as to how many things in diff rooms are on the same circuit.
    The best solution is a dedicated circuit for your audio/video system.
    If re-wiring is not an option, a less attractive fix would be to get your TV plugged into an outlet on a different circuit, which will probably involve the use of a fairly long extension cord. (More cords to hide :eek: )
    The Family
    Polk SDA-1C's
    Polk SDA-2
    Polk Monitor 10B's
    Polk LSI-9's
    Polk Monitor 5's
    Polk 5 jr's
    Polk PSW-450 Sub
    Polk CSI40 Center

Do not one day come to die, and discover you have not lived.
    This is pretty f***ed up right here.