Polk Monitor 11T

Options
BlueMan
BlueMan Posts: 3
edited March 2007 in Vintage Speakers
Hi there -

I am new here, and I joined because there is something that has always sort of bothered me. I have a pair of Polk Monitor series 11Ts. Polk has no mention of my speakers in its web-site, and I can't find any mention of my speakers anywhere. Does anybody know why not? I love them, and they sound great, but I have no idea why they are a black hole in Polks product line.

Any information that anyone might have would be great to know. TIA!
Post edited by BlueMan on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Welcome to the forum.

Don't worry, you're not alone as there are a number of black holes in the vintage Polk product line.

Actually, you have RTA 11T's and here's something that might make you feel better.
    http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/service/models/modelpartslist.php3?model=rta
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mldennison
    mldennison Posts: 307
    edited March 2007
    Options
    one of the other members has also created a fantastic webpage dedicated to the vintage models, and includes the RTA 11's:
    http://polksda.com/
  • BlueMan
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Wow ... that did make me feel better! :)

I've always loved these speakers, and I actually did get some new tweeters for them two years ago, when I was ordering for my brother's 10Bs. I mentioned to the sales guy that I had the 11Ts, and that I couldn't find them on the web-site, and he told me that the part was whatever it was and included them in my order. However, he said that he had never heard of them. I'm glad that somebody else has.

Thanks for the responses. Much appreciated.
  • BlueMan
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Cool web-site, and yes I do have the RTA 11Ts. Man, was that a long time ago that I bought them.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited March 2007
    Options
    I have the RTA15TL's and they are very nice too.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • riglehart
    riglehart Posts: 276
    edited March 2007
    Options
    I own a pair, too. I like them because they give a lot of good sound from a small footprint. I think they were originally intended for the home theatre market.

I doubt I'll ever part with them.
    Jolida Tube
    Polk 11T, 7, 5, 5jr, 4
    Standard equip not worth bragging about.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Welcome BlueMan! I have the RTA 8T's! 17yrs old & still going strong!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited March 2007
    Options
    How do these RTA 11T's sound? I really like the driver layout. It is the layout I wish my RTi10's had/have.

My wife says I am stuck in the late 80's early 90's, maybe she is right.
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • Deadof_knight
    Deadof_knight Posts: 980
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Whats wrong with the 80's and 90's ask your wife .............. everything was big back then big feaking speakers big hair you name it hhehehehe

My friends 11ts is what got me into POLK just loved laying on the floor and listening to music untill his mom and dad came home then it was time too leave they ranted and raved about anything and everything.......
    :cool: " He who dies with the most equipment wins Right ? "

Denon 3300 Adcom 535 BBe w/sub out 1 pr 4.6s 2 pr of 4 jrs Recent additions Samsung Lns-4095D LCD, Samsung hd-960 DVD, Monster HT-5000 Power center
    ,HPSA-1000 18" sealed DiY home sub.:D
    Black Laquer 1.2tl's w/ upgraded x-overs and Tweets BI-Amped with 2 Carver tfm-35's Knukonceptz 10ga cables