SDA Interconnect Upgrade Search Help.

Options
hearingimpared
hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
edited March 2007 in Vintage Speakers
I'm planning on upgrading my 1.2 TL interconnect this week. I've read, I believe, every thread that has been written on this topic. Although I love Darqueknights idea of installing a good quality Cardas post above the interconnect jack, I am not up to that task.

I remember reading a thread where a fellow made the cable as Darqueknight did except he terminated it with a pin and blade he fashioned out of ???? and used the existing pin/blade jack.

This is my problem, I can't seem to find that thread with his alternate method of upgrading the IC. If one of you kind folks can remember which thread this is or help me to find it, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
Joe:)
Post edited by hearingimpared on

Comments

• hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    Options
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    edited March 2007
    Options
    You are probably thinking of the cables that exiled member Har built. Those were not the stock ends and I have no idea where he got those pieces, but sure would love to know.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Is this the one you are thinking of? Furutech website seems hard to deal with.
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16812
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29029

Jesse's how-to for installing Cardas posts makes it look easy.
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12054
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    Options
    F1nut wrote:
    You are probably thinking of the cables that exiled member Har built. Those were not the stock ends and I have no idea where he got those pieces, but sure would love to know.

No, I remember reading about that guy and the war he created . That is not the one I was talking about.

Steve shows a thread that you started way back when on installing Cardas posts. . . you make it look easy so I may just have to do it or take back my credentials of being and electronics guy. :D LOL

Actually I would have to drill a new hole above the current SDA interconnect jack, this is the part I am skiddish about.
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited March 2007
    Options
    If you're not picky about looks, this is what I'm using on my 2b's and 2.3's (plain solid core 10 ga. flattened a bit and stuck into the pin hole)

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35749&highlight=poor+man%27s+sda+ic
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    Options
    If you're not picky about looks, this is what I'm using on my 2b's and 2.3's (plain solid core 10 ga. flattened a bit and stuck into the pin hole)

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35749&highlight=poor+man%27s+sda+ic

Thanks Carl but I am way to anal for that. Everytime a good bass vibration occured I would be jumping up to make sure the wire didn't pop out.

I'm looking on parts express to see if I can find a pin and a blade that will fit snuggly into the existing jack. I'll make a harness myself. I'm planning on taking the Monster speaker cable I have and soldering the two conductors together on both ends effectively making the total guage I would think atleast 8 guage and then soldering them to the pin.

I am really frustrated by the fact that I can't find the thread that describes this particular method. I had it saved in my favorites on my old computer but seemed to have lost it in translation.

Thanks to everyone who is trying to help me.
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited March 2007
    Options
    You're not referring to reeltrouble1's build when he used a sub cable for the pin portion of the SDA IC, are you?
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    Options
    strider wrote:
    You're not referring to reeltrouble1's build when he used a sub cable for the pin portion of the SDA IC, are you?

I'm not sure. . . it may have been a thread posted by decato, I'm checking now.

Thanks for your help.
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    Options
    It's not in any of Decato's posts. This is driving me crazy . . . well that was a short drive.
  • strider
    edited March 2007
    Options
    This is the thread I was thinking of:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23442

I've done a bunch of searching on the topic, if you have anymore to go on, let me know.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    Options
    strider wrote:
    This is the thread I was thinking of:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23442

I've done a bunch of searching on the topic, if you have anymore to go on, let me know.

THAT'S IT!!! Jeeeezzzz and I was on the phone with reeltrouble1 last night for a good 45 minutes and never thought to ask him!!!

Thanks Strider and again for the other things which by the way I am enjoying immensely!!!
  • Deadof_knight
    Deadof_knight Posts: 980
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Hello Hearingimpaired hey HTrookie swapped his pin blade set up out for a simple binding post and just uses bannana plug now, Thats what is on my 1.2's and I have some heavy bass in the ole living room and has no problems whatsoever.
    :cool: " He who dies with the most equipment wins Right ? "

Denon 3300 Adcom 535 BBe w/sub out 1 pr 4.6s 2 pr of 4 jrs Recent additions Samsung Lns-4095D LCD, Samsung hd-960 DVD, Monster HT-5000 Power center
    ,HPSA-1000 18" sealed DiY home sub.:D
    Black Laquer 1.2tl's w/ upgraded x-overs and Tweets BI-Amped with 2 Carver tfm-35's Knukonceptz 10ga cables
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Hello Hearingimpaired hey HTrookie swapped his pin blade set up out for a simple binding post and just uses bannana plug now, Thats what is on my 1.2's and I have some heavy bass in the ole living room and has no problems whatsoever.

Yes that is the way Darqueknight has it described in his thread and Compendium. I would love to do that with a Cardas post but I am skiddish about drilling a hole in that plasitic back plate. One day I'll get the ballinis up to do that method but for now I'll settle for using the existing IC jack.

Thanks to all for the help,
    Joe
  • strider
    edited March 2007
    Options
    THAT'S IT!!! Jeeeezzzz and I was on the phone with reeltrouble1 last night for a good 45 minutes and never thought to ask him!!!

Thanks Strider and again for the other things which by the way I am enjoying immensely!!!

I'm glad I could be of some assistance! Can't wait to here what your findings are after you're done. I've been formulating a game plan for my 2B's lately, upgrading the IC is one of the areas I'll be addressing.

Good to here you're enjoying those albums, too. I'll be right there with you come tomorrow night, have a Pro-ject Debut III on it's way!:D
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    Options
    strider wrote:
    I'm glad I could be of some assistance! Can't wait to here what your findings are after you're done. I've been formulating a game plan for my 2B's lately, upgrading the IC is one of the areas I'll be addressing.

Good to here you're enjoying those albums, too. I'll be right there with you come tomorrow night, have a Pro-ject Debut III on it's way!:D

That's a nice table Bro, I've read a lot about it Good Luck and let me know if you need any help setting it up.