What is a model 9-a

Options
ben62670
ben62670 Posts: 15,969
edited February 2007 in Vintage Speakers
I believe these are mid 80's...............bottom of speaker says: polk audio inc. serial # 44020 model 9-A inspected by C.G..............they are 33" tall 10" wide & 9" deep............... side & top and about 2” around bottom is a dark walnut wood color…. ………black speaker cover with a gold polk audio emblem in the lower right..……..2 front speakers & 4 back speakers

Any idea guys (and gals)

Thanks Ben
Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
Thanks
Ben
Post edited by ben62670 on

Comments

• nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited February 2007
    Options
    search the forums for 9a. They were a very early model of Polk speaker. Not much to listen to, as far as I know, but a great piece of Polk history. There was a pair given to Polk by some members of the forum at the last Polk gathering, to be used in Polk's museum :).
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • ben62670
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Thanks I tried searching and didn't find any :confused:
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,091
    edited February 2007
    Options
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • ben62670
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Damn h9 what did you use as key words. I tried 9a, 9-a, monitor 9a, and monitor 9-a

I'm guessing model 9?

Thanks again h9
    Thanks
    Ben
  • ben62670
    edited February 2007
    Options
    after reading about them I have come to the conclusion they acoustiacally suck. Someone is trying to get $250 for them locally :rolleyes:
    Thanks
    Ben
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,091
    edited February 2007
    Options
    I think I searched "Model 9" in advanced search in the Vintage forum. I recognized some of the threads as well. Monitor 9's are a great piece of history but sound like '****', so I'm told.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!