help folk! - what kinda Polk?

Options
midimacmobile
midimacmobile Posts: 5
edited February 2007 in Vintage Speakers
hello and help ... I'm new here ... gotta pair of Polk and a NAD amp+preamp?
they are a pair of very strange looking Polk Audio speakers - I've never seen any like these - I never hooked 'em up - they seem to be some kinda high end consumer home stereo speakers ? - got 'em from a friend along with a NAD 1300 amp + 2600A reciever/preamp/phono hookup/aux ins - these speakers have no marking other that Polk Audio on speaker covers - they have a complex crossover/filter > RTA 12 filter on the top for tweeters with a cloth covering - the front has a pair of side by side 5 1/2"? speakers with a 15/12"? flat passive speaker below them - the hookup method is banana connectors - help! - where can I see images of vintage speakers ? ....... thank you Tom Oh ! ... midi-mac-mobile@sbcglobal.net is there documentation downloads ?
Post edited by midimacmobile on

Comments

• ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited February 2007
    Options
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49837

This guy seems to want to know the same thing and got pretty good replies :rolleyes:
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Wow.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited February 2007
    Options
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited February 2007
    Options
    a new thread means new ideas, which means I change my answer from an RTA-12 to a used 1973 Ford Pinto
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited February 2007
    Options
    ohskigod wrote:
    a new thread means new ideas, which means I change my answer from an RTA-12 to a used 1973 Ford Pinto

Well, that sure explains that last statement
    It exploded in flames when hit from behind
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited February 2007
    Options
    These messages are coming from the other side. His Pinto exploded but the emails will carry on.
  • midimacmobile
    midimacmobile Posts: 5
    edited February 2007
    Options
    I'm sorry I thought I was just posting a message - sorry about the confusion and now, today I've found all the information sent in reply to my question ... thank you for you help ... sometimes help is right in front of me and I don't see it ... life is filled with illusions sincerely, Tom Oh !