elimination of coupling capacitors

Gary Robertson
Gary Robertson Posts: 201
edited December 2002 in Speakers
What do all you audio brotha's and sisters think of eliminating coupling capacitors (which creat subtile but detectible distortion).. and do you think we should really worry about Total Harmonic distorion? (negative feedback crap..) or should we really need to worry about TIM - Transient innermodulation distortion??? I think that the latter is the real factor..
Merry Christmas to you all.
As i am new to Club Polk i have found you all to have great hospitality and no one has yet to be rude or smart assed..
i truly think that i am going to like it here...
System #2
Yamaha cdc-755,(20 bit DAC )
Yamaha KX W382 cassette deck,
ADCOM GFA-545-II.ampfilier,,
ADCOM GFP-450 Preamp ,,BBE audio Restoration System (ARS)--Monster--M850I Innerconects and Monster 14 gauge speaker cable and the Fabulous POLK RT-7's with a Velodyne 12/15 subwoofer system ....she rocks.........
System #1:
Meridian 508-24 cd.(20 bit DAC)
Adcom -Gfp 750 preamp,
Bryston 14b-sst amplifier,
Martin Logan Prodigy Electrostatc speakers.and Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II innerconnects (rca) with Acoustic Zen Satori Shotgun speaker cable.
............................. "Jazz is democracy in music".
Post edited by Gary Robertson on

Comments

• brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited December 2002
    ......i have found you all to have great hospitality and no one has yet to be rude or smart assed..
    i truly think that i am going to like it here... [/B]

I can attest that you'll like it here, even when people get rude or smart-assed......it's like a hook......... :lol:
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Gary Robertson
    Gary Robertson Posts: 201
    edited December 2002
    Hey -i lived in Phoenix for a short while at 6431 east Cholla st. which is right off of Shea and 64th right across the street from a church--(Scottsdale actually) I'd take 32'nd (off the 17 freeway and go to shea ,then to 64 th.
    wow small world...Now i'm out here in Lancaster california...And i get my audio stuff from (California Soundworks) They are a high end dealer out here...Tey sell a whole lot of yamaha home theater gear but they also carry-Polk ,Klipsch,B%W,Nht,and paradigm speakers and Adcom and Rotel and Lexicon and sometimes nakamichi for power amps and stuff--nice little store. check ya later.
    System #2
    Yamaha cdc-755,(20 bit DAC )
    Yamaha KX W382 cassette deck,
    ADCOM GFA-545-II.ampfilier,,
    ADCOM GFP-450 Preamp ,,BBE audio Restoration System (ARS)--Monster--M850I Innerconects and Monster 14 gauge speaker cable and the Fabulous POLK RT-7's with a Velodyne 12/15 subwoofer system ....she rocks.........
    System #1:
    Meridian 508-24 cd.(20 bit DAC)
    Adcom -Gfp 750 preamp,
    Bryston 14b-sst amplifier,
    Martin Logan Prodigy Electrostatc speakers.and Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II innerconnects (rca) with Acoustic Zen Satori Shotgun speaker cable.
    ............................. "Jazz is democracy in music".