bi-polar surround upgrade

gtbiker
gtbiker Posts: 15
edited January 2003 in Speakers
Hey guys, I'm finally upgrading my surrounds. I already have the LSi ctr & LSi9's anchored by the PSW1200. Of course I want the LSI bi-polar surrounds but they are too expensive. Right now my choice is the Definitive Technology BP2X bi-polars. They have two 5 1/4 midbass drivers & two tweeters per speaker. I can get them from 6th Ave for $500. Anyone have any feed back on the Def Tech speakers and what are some other choices for $500 bi-polar speakers that have two midbass drivers and two tweeters per speaker?
LSi9, LSiC, PSW1200, Definitive Technology BP2X surrounds, Sony rcvr STR-DE435, Panasonic DVD-RA60
Post edited by gtbiker on

Comments

• brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited December 2002
    Really for $100 more, you could get the LSiFX surrounds to match your current setup.

The link is http://sounddistributors.com/productlist.asp?crid=56&pcrid=40&cat_name=Surround+Speakers.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • marvelous
    marvelous Posts: 38
    edited December 2002
    The definitive tech surrounds are very good speakers. They blend very well with polk speakers. At one time I had the 2300 center channel and it worked great with SDA 3.1tl and CRS. If the sound distributors does not come through this would be a good fit.
  • gtbiker
    edited December 2002
    Just got the Def Tech BP2X today as a Christmas present from my fiancee. ( If I spend another dollar on HT stuff she wiil kill me ) I will be patient with my review until I have them for awhile but I tested them with Resident Evil today which has a lot of surround activity and they really opened up my room. They really add substance but.......I will continue to audition them and will give feed back soon.
    LSi9, LSiC, PSW1200, Definitive Technology BP2X surrounds, Sony rcvr STR-DE435, Panasonic DVD-RA60
  • gtbiker
    edited January 2003
    Ok, here's my test results. I really love the Def Tech BP2X's bi-polars. They really expanded the back of my room and put you in the middle of the viewing area. Of course I'm not knocking the LSI bi-polars but if anyone is looking for bi-polar surrounds for a couple hundred dollars less the the LSI bi-po's, check out the DF BP2X. Check'em out in the gallery under "GTbiker". Go rent "Signs" to test out your surrounds. Bad movie but good for surround speaker testing.