LSi 7 vs. LSi9

MxStYlEpOlKmAn
MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
edited January 2003 in Speakers
which is better?
Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
I promised myself
No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
Damn you all! - ATC
Post edited by MxStYlEpOlKmAn on

Comments

• Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited December 2002
    For What? Mains? Surrounds? Boat anchors? Details man, We Need Details!!
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited December 2002
    mains - In mids and highs. Do not coment on bass. - Which is the bang for the buck for a mid size room?
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited December 2002
    lol - im buying a pair with christmas, and bday money! :)
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • Frank Z
    edited December 2002
    For mains the 9's are the way to go. The 7's would work well for a small room though. Keep in mind the 7's are rated at 45Hz-27Khz so having a sub with these is also a must, but I know you've got that covered. The 9's cannot be wall mounted if your thinking about that, the 7's can.

Sid,
    Keep in mind that these are both rated at 4 ohms nominal, so be sure to leave a lot of room above your receiver cuz it's going to run a lot hotter than usual.

Good luck with your upgrade, you'll really like the Lsi's!

BTW, the Lsi series are designed to blow up if forced to reproduce, Rap, Hip Hop, Country, Reggae, Easy Listening, Chanting, Poetry, or Britany Spears. You've been forwarned!!
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited December 2002
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn,

I have the 7's (I think I am the only one here that does). And I really do like them. Hindsight is 20-20 I probably should have went with the 9's, but I have no regrets going with the 7's.

They are crisp, and sound is very tight. No distortion at all. I have played CD's with a sub, and without. I prefer without. I think the bass reproduction is very adaquate.

I say if you are slowly building a HT you can go either or. For me now it is an excuse to pick up the 9's in the future for my mains and put my 7's in the rear.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited December 2002
    Hey avfan, how are the LSi's meshing with the RT series in your HT setup? Is it very noticable?
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited December 2002
    BTW, the Lsi series are designed to blow up if forced to reproduce, Rap, Hip Hop, Country, Reggae, Easy Listening, Chanting, Poetry, or Britany Spears. You've been forwarned!!

:lol::lol::lol:

too funny.....
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited December 2002
    Originally posted by Frank Z

Sid,
    Keep in mind that these are both rated at 4 ohms nominal, so be sure to leave a lot of room above your receiver cuz it's going to run a lot hotter than usual.

well mid ****, i got that covered - summer job money is going to an outlaw audio 5 channel amp and a LSi-C!!! muahahahaha! I think I am going to go with the 7's...

Ohh yeah, I also have two high powered fans blowing each direction on top of my receiver...so yeah...lol
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited December 2002
    lol...good thing i mostly listen to christian and rock
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited December 2002
    tah da -- back to the original post...I am getting these, and I will leave them in the box until I get the Outlaw Audio 5 channel amp! 4 ohms, 300 wats x 5. I think that'll drive em, dont u? lmao -- and ill probally use that good ol yammer as the preamp!
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited December 2002
    I would like to get some 7s for a bedroom setup, I think that would fit the bill well.

9s are more designed for a main room setup because they can cover more space.

Just my .02
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited December 2002
    I wish I could have a pair of LSi9 for the bedroom as well, then my LSi collections would be complete......may be next year..
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited December 2002
    Im pending, Whether to buy the LSI's or buy three more subwoofers, one for each surround and center. Or buy the LSI's, the subwoofer gig will be cheaper!
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited December 2002
    I don't understand the reasoning on getting a sub for each channel of your system. I've read posts where people have done this and the only thing that I can think of is that they subs that they're getting must me pretty weak to need to supply each channel with it's own bass channel..........true?
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited December 2002
    a subwoofer to each channel does this - It takes the load off the surrounds, and center. Its like a full range speaker. This doing this leaves the speaker to do its job and makes the sound full. Doing this makes a fuller sound all the way around. My subwoofer does more than well enough bass response in loudness, I just feel that the rest of my channels are stressing, and considering I play 5 Channel stereo, this would help all the speakers! This is my opinion, and by the way to piss everyone off! lol! I got my new HD 12 guage thick heavy duty speaker wire, and my ratshack interconnects - here is my reveiw, the sound plays 3 db louder. Its clearer - fuller, it also has a better midrange. The wire has a thick jacket and one side of the wire is silver, the other is copper.

- they subs that they're getting must me pretty weak to need to supply each channel with it's own bass channel..........true? -
    My sub is a 150(?) wat, dual 12 inch driver, M&K, hits down to 11 hz. It plays loud too, the only reason im going to put subs on all channels is to lessen the load on the other speakers, and spread the bass out (etc)
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited December 2002
    How do you hook them up in order to 'lessen the load' on the other speakers?
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited December 2002
    you run speaker wire to the input on the sub, to the output on the receiver (speaker wire), then u run the input on the sub to the speakers, you do this L/R for the surrounds, and i guess u choose one for the center! but its like making it a full range speaker
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited December 2002
    u can also do it to the mains
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited December 2002
    Fireshoes....

Sorry for the delayed post....holidays and all.

I think they match up ok. Not the greatest....but it works for me and thats what counts. The rti's may be a touch brighter. But when it comes down to it you dont notice it unless you pointed it out.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • howie777
    howie777 Posts: 357
    edited January 2003
    Can't you just set up your receiver so all channels are set to small speakers? Then just run your sub out of the receiever and now you have speakers that are not going very low...maybe 80Hz - 120 Hz? Seems the way to go to me.

Feel free to tell my why I'm wrong if I am, but that is what those settings are for I think?!?!
  • Frank Z
    edited January 2003
    Howie777,
    Welcome to the forum, and yes your advice is right on the money!