Sony TA-P9000ES Preamplifier

polkatese
polkatese Posts: 6,767
edited December 2002 in Electronics
Guys,

Need feedbacks on this unit. If you own one, please post your impressions. My need is strictly to allow 5.1 SACD/DVD-A output being fed into a receiver (Rotel RSX-1065), without introducing signal quality degradation. Thanks, all....
I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
Post edited by polkatese on

Comments

• Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited December 2002
    Actually, we use one here at work. It's major advantage is that I believe it doesn't have any A-D and keeps it all analogue.

Sounds nice in our listening room :)
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • polkatese
    edited December 2002
    Steve,
    thanks for your feedback, what kind of source do you guys have? do you use it for 5.1 sacd analog ? thanks
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2002
    Anyone got a link/pics/descrip of this unit?

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2002
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • polkatese
    edited December 2002
    Shack,
    I've been getting conflicting information regarding this unit availability, looks like Crutchfield no longer carry this, but both tweeter and Sound City (NJ) thinks they can get them (none of them stock this item). Reliableaudio and Legacyaudio (one of the same, I think) show that they carry them in stock, but I have been told that these outfits reputation are not so stellar....do you know anything about the production status of this item? thanks
  • shack
    edited December 2002
    It appears to have been discontinued with no replacement announced. I have heard ok stuff about Reliable but have never had any dealing with Legacy. If you want one of these you better get it where you can find it. I have heard that Oade bros and Onecall are out of it too. Good luck.

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • shack
    edited December 2002
    Maybe Ebay or Audiogon would be a place to look as more people buy the multi format players that will do both DVD-A and SACD and may no longer have a need for the TA-P9000ES.

• polkatese
    edited December 2002
    Shack, thanks, I've been watching audiogon, it get snapped fast that all of the listing are sold most of the time. I guess got to keep looking.....cheers
  • Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited December 2002
    We use a modified JVC DVD-A player for the source. You should see it, we custom wired our audio goodies to a daughterboard that hooks it up.

We use this with Event monitor speakers.
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200