Rear Center Channel Speaker

kberg
kberg Posts: 974
edited December 2002 in Speakers
Greetings All,

I need some advice/opinions on a rear center channel speaker. As you can see from my profile info below, I have an Infinity CC2 as a rear center channel speaker that is used with my FXi30 surrounds. My question is this:

Since the rear center channel speaker generally provides much less information than all other speakers, would it make any audible difference to replace the Infinity speaker with, say, the CSi30, to create a more seamless rear soundstage due to drivers that are voice-matched to the FXi30's?

The Infinity CC2 does, by the way, have an adjustable voice-matching control on the rear of the speaker, so perhaps playing with that would be sufficient?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin
Mains: polkaudio RTi70's (bi-wired)
Center: polkaudio CSi40 (bi-wired)
Surrounds: polkaudio FXi30's
Rear Center: polkaudio CSi30
Sub: SVS 20-39 PC+
Receiver: ONKYO TX-SR600
Display: JVC HD-56G786
DVD Player: SONY DVP-CX985V
DVD Player: OPPO DV-981HD 1080p High Definition Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI
Remote: Logitech Harmony H688
Post edited by kberg on

Comments

• scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited December 2002
    kberg, nice little setup you have.Good reciever for the money. I love my 6.1 setup. And having a seemless flow makes it all the better. I listen to all my music and movies in at the very least a "matrixed 6 channel" setup. I use the cs245 for my rear center and it works very well for me. The csi30 is a great ideal and so i deffinatly GO FOR IT. :cool: