Gidrah

Options
MxStYlEpOlKmAn
MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
edited December 2002 in Speakers
What wires do you use to wire the inside of the speaker? Like brand - type of wire? Regular speaker wire? Special kind? gimmie a link or something plz! thank you!
Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
I promised myself
No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
Damn you all! - ATC
Post edited by MxStYlEpOlKmAn on

Comments

• gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited December 2002
    Options
    I just use whatever I've got laying around.

Check out E-bay. Go to the wire&cable section of "Business and Industrial. I like silver (can also be found at your local jeweler) or silver coated copper for the highs. Good thick copper seems to work the best for the lows.

I've heard of guys using magnet wire, but I haven't tried it yet. This would probably work well for a tweeter or high efficiency.

If I come across anything that appeals to me I'll let you know.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited December 2002
    Options
    so you just use normal speaker wire? cool cool cool! Let me see here - I need about...umm 25 feet of wire. I think I'll either get some Monster Cable or MIT when I start building my speakers! Thank ya man! Now I have another question, how do you connect the wires to the crossover? are their terminals on there? or what? thanx for all the help
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited December 2002
    Options
    I quess that would depend on the crossover. If you solder, use silver content and don't overheat anything.

Another wire alternative is CAT5. With being 8 strands (4 pair) of individually wrapped solid wire you get the best of both worlds. No skin effect of larger guage solid, and no strand jumping or time smear often found in multi-stranded.
    Make it Funky! :)