Turntables for sale

Options
pblanc
pblanc Posts: 261
edited February 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I recently regained my passion for vinyl and have again become convinced of its sonic superiority over the average recording on CD, or ...gasp...mp3. I know many people who visit this forum have never really experienced what this format has to offer.

So, as a hobby and a means by which to introduce others to this medium in a low risk, hassle free, and relatively low cost manner, I have started buying and restoring old turntables.

I hope to "break even" on this financially. I may well take a loss, but then what fun is a hobby if you don't waste money on it?

I will be selling mostly Dual tables due to their good quality and incredible longevity. I will probaly have a few other brands (Philips, Kenwood, Technics).

If you have been intriqued by the allure of those big 'ole plastic platters, but reluctant to take the plunge because of the expense, concerns regarding the "mystery and voodoo" of turntable set up and maintenance, or the possibility of "getting burned" on eBay, here is your chance.

You will need, of course, some records, and a receiver with a phono stage, or a separate phono preamp. Although thousands can be spent on phono preamps, I can show you where to pick up a new, fully functional one for $50 or less. You also need a level, stable place to set the table.

Here is what I can offer: 1. A variey of models, prices, cartridges, and visual styles from which to choose. 2. A turntable that I will guarantee to function as described. 3. Instructions and advice on how to set up the table, resolve problems, if any, select a cartridge, find a replacement stylus. 4. A properly packed and shipped turntable. (This is probably the biggest risk in buying a table on ebay; many people just don't know how to prep a table for shipping. Turntables have a unique capability of "self-destructing" right inside their double-boxed, padded cartons.) 5. A fair price. If you are looking for a "dirt cheap" turntable go to yard sales, church bazaars or snipe a low ball bid on ebay. But figure on replacing the cartridge or stylus, the belt, etc before getting it to sound right. 6. If I sell you a table, and you don't like it, I will buy it back at the same price (you pay return shipping and I'll tell you how to pack it). 7. If I sell you a table and you love it, but want something even nicer, pay to ship it back and I'll apply the refunded purchase price to a better table.

I really don't think you are going to find a better deal. I will very soon have turntables ready to ship. If you have any interest, leave a reply, or send me a pm. Sorry for the length of this post.
Post edited by pblanc on

Comments

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited February 2007
    Options
    I would think you will do better sales if you take some pictures and set a price for a table.

Good luck and thanks.

RT1
  • pblanc
    pblanc Posts: 261
    edited February 2007
    Options
    I will probably do so soon, but I expect to have around 2 dozen or more, in the near future so I don't think I will post them all (don't want to clutter up the site). I will post some pics and prices of examples of different models though. Some have a more "modern" look whereas others look very "retro", some like pieces of antique furniture (they don't sound like antiques, though) Furthermore, the cartridge selection will be flexible, if a buyer has a choice.
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited February 2007
    Options
    This sounds like a great idea. I will getting in contact with you when the 2 ch rig gets set up.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Wow! That's very awesome, pblanc! I can't think of a better way to serve the forum, nor a better way to get into vinyl (save winning a TT :D).

Thank you!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520