Cables!!!???

Options
coolredmoose
coolredmoose Posts: 7
edited October 2001 in Technical/Setup
Could someone tell me what cables to use to get the most out of my system. I have the RM-6200/PSW 350 sub, Onkyo TX-DS595. S-Video? Digiltal audio output? ...BLAH BLAH BLAH!!! I am currently using the RCA connectoprs that my DVD player came with. The Best Buy guys have only confused me as to what I need. What should I buy?

Thanks
Post edited by coolredmoose on

Comments

• juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited October 2001
    Options
    i'm not really clear what cable you are looking for a recommendation on. the speaker cable? with the rm-6200, i don't think you will notice a big differnce in upgrading to a higher priced cable. any copper 75 ohm speaker cable should work fine. if your PSW350 has a direct line input, i would suggest going with a monster sub cable. i felt that this made a difference for me, although i do not own the psw350, i think you will find the result an upgrade! if you are looking for a suggestion on interconnects. i would suggest a monster digital coaxial cable from your dvd to your onkyo, and either an s-video or component cables to your tv. hope this helps. is this your first HT set-up?
  • juice21
    edited October 2001
    Options
    oh, welcome to the forum:)
  • coolredmoose
    coolredmoose Posts: 7
    edited October 2001
    Options
    Yes, this is my first HT...Thanks for the suggestion...How about TV to receiver?
  • juice21
    edited October 2001
    Options
    do you have a DVD and VCR? i would hook each directly to your TV and use your receiver for audio only. RCA cables will be fine for the VCR. with hooking video cable to the tv directly it keeps the signal clean, and easy to hook up. you'll just have to switch between tv/video on your tv when you switch from watching your VCR to you DVD and vise versa. i also run my cable TV signal into my VCR and control it from there. so your TV and VHS video will come from the VCR, and your DVD video will come directly from the DVD. all audio will run from specific component to the reciever and out the the speakers. there, your TV becomes just a monitor for the picture, and your new polk speaker will take care of all the sound. once it's all hooked up, just sit back and enjoy!