just ordered my new sub

goingganzo
goingganzo Posts: 2,793
edited January 2003 in Speakers
i finaly oredered my new sub to go to my sono i bult for it i got the stryke audio av 15 cant wait to get it i figure i should have it by christmas
Post edited by goingganzo on

Comments

• organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited November 2002
    Congrats on the new purchase. Remember, we want reviews!!!. I don't think I've seen that sub, can you post some specs?

Maurice
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited December 2002
    Gonzo - the Stryke Audio AV15 is the TC Sounds woofer only right?

What enclosure are you going to put it in? The sono you built? I wasn't sure by your post.

How about that HE15 dual kit with the four 18" PRs? THAT's some BASS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doc
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • goingganzo
    edited December 2002
    i bult a 250 l sono tuned to 16 hz

here the specks

Fs: 19.7 Hz
    Qms: 4.71
    Qes: .399
    Qts: .368
    Vas: 228 L
    Re: 2.97 ohm
    Z: 4 ohm
    BL: 15.5 Tm
    Cms: .25 mm/N
    Mms: 260 g
    Pe: 500W
    1W/1m: 88.5dB
    2.83V: 92.5dB
    Xmax: 23 mm
    Xsus: 30 mm
    Sd: 802 sq cm
    Vd: 3.8 L

price 205 on sale for 165
    i am proabley going to get the pe 250 watt plate amp

i will be giveing updates in this after christmas techley it is a present from my parents but i got to order it but i cant have it till after the 24
  • Lsi9
    Lsi9 Posts: 616
    edited December 2002
    I LOVE my HSU Research sub its goes down to 19Hz...it was 900$ few years ago it shakes my floor :)

Audio Physic Scorpio II
    Pathos Logos
    MIT Shotgun S3
    Bada HD-22 CDP
  • Dr. Spec
    edited December 2002
    Ganzo:

I still confused - you already have a sono sub?

Are those the specs for the existing driver, or for the TC sounds AV15 woofer?

And you will be replacing the existing driver with an AV15 woofer for $165, right?

And then you will be buying a 250 W plate amp, too?

Just for kicks, check out the Indigo BASH amps at www.acoustic-visions.com. You can get a 500W job that will drive that AV15 a bit better than the 250W plate amp.

Doc

SVS
  • goingganzo
    edited December 2002
    i bult the sono sub but never got around to buying a driver for it. i was planing on puting a tempest in it but then theis driver came up and i was able to use it in my sub

thoes specks are for the av 15

i will look in to it i was also thinking of geting a crown or a qsc amp i just dont know what to get and dont want to spend alot on the amp i would like to drive it with a old recever but this sup has dual 2 ohm voice coils
  • caseymou
    caseymou Posts: 327
    edited December 2002
    Anyone with links to diy sub sites and where to purchase amps for them please post.
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited December 2002
    I'm also looking for about 500W amp... let me know what you get... I would like to Sup up my 350 if thats possible?

Can any1 give some advice here? Good thread BTW

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • Dr. Spec
    edited December 2002
    HBomb:

Try the link below. For some reason the above one didn't work. Also look at Parts Express - they sell that popular 250W plate amp.

I wouldn't drive that 10" PSW350 with much more than 200W - I don't think it can take it, either thermally or excursion wise.

Also check out www.stryke.com. They have some killer DIY subs and drivers.

Doc

http://www.acoustic-visions.com/

SVS
  • goingganzo
    edited December 2002
    here is a link to a forem wiht a diy secton with i also check out http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=22
    i am looking at the samson s1000 500 wats rms and 2 chanels 1000 wars bridged
    cheapest price on line is 339
    qsc rmx 850 300 wats @4 ohms 299
    crown ce 1000 450wats @ 4 ohms 400
    these are not plate amps i have red alot of people ues these for subs ath the htf

olny thing you have to watch for is these dont have a rumble filter on them and no phase controls
  • gplracer
    gplracer Posts: 36
    edited December 2002
    I have a Samson s1000 that I use with my twin SVS subs. It has been a great amp. Sometimes the SVS site has b stock in that amp.
  • goingganzo
    edited December 2002
    just found out that my sub wont get to me till 1-2 weeks past new years i hate that strike that they had at the docks on the west coast
  • goingganzo
    edited January 2003
    still waiting for speakers. i am working on the sub box. i decided to go with 2 of them in a 700l box. 4 4in flaied ports i started the box today. i used the glew clamp and screw technic. i have all but the front 2 pannels installed and 1 side pannel. i also have to do the cut outs for the ports and subs. and put in the braceing. here are some pics.
  • goingganzo
    edited January 2003
  • Dr. Spec
    edited January 2003
    Yep, that sucker's gonna dig really deep and pound away. That Stryke AV15 looks like a very nice woofer. TC Sounds is a world class woofer maker.

How have you been handling the internal bracing? That's a huge enclosure which will flex badly without it.

Also, don't forget the line all the walls with glass or polyfill, but leave room for the vents.

Did you get my email about the Samson/Marchand package deal?

SVS
  • goingganzo
    edited January 2003
    yes i did and i am bulding ribs and piting vertacal braceses in it. i have just stared the braceing and the front pannel.
  • goingganzo
    edited January 2003
    this the 4 4in flaired ports trial fit
  • goingganzo
    edited January 2003
    and this is the whole in the wall i cut where the sub box will become the wall. love the saw zaw
  • Dr. Spec
    edited January 2003
    Lookin good ganzo - I can feel it from here. What is your port length for the final design?

SVS
  • goingganzo
    edited January 2003
    the vents are 16 in total from flair to flair and 15 in of tuned port lenth. should be right around 17 hz tuneing. it all depends on what lineing the box with pollyfill dues to the size of the box.
    hey dr spec do you think my braceing is going to be good enoug? i am putting in 2 braceses from side to side like the front to back ones. the top and botom is not dubble thick like the rest and that is where i am puting the most of the work on braceing.
  • goingganzo
    edited January 2003
    small problem i have now. i dont know the cut out diamiter for the subs. i have the box in the middle of my theater waiting for the front pannel to be atached. and slid in to place. i got all the pannels cut a lowes and they are a perfect fit. so all i had to do is pre drill, counter sink and glew.

this is how i my braceing is going to be do i need more? the vertical is inch 1/2 by 3/4 in the horsonal is 3in by 3/4 in. glewed and screwed.

how will the polly fill afect my box sixe just lineing the walls?
  • Dr. Spec
    edited January 2003
    Bracing looks pretty strong to me. Often times, consulting a DIY site or looking at plans for box subs like the Stryke or other similar unit, will give you good ideas for bracing. Hell, even a professional carpenter might help!

Re: your woofers: are you concerned that you don't know the proper ID of the hole to cut? I'd call Stryke and ask them.

Adding polyfill will increase the internal volume of the enclosure as far as the woofers are concerned. This seems counterintuitive, but it's true. As far as how much volume per pound of polyfill, consult the DIY sites - I don't know the exact ratio. It won't alter your tune that much with respect to port length - that much I do know. You need enough to damp standing waves and that's about it.

SVS
  • goingganzo
    edited January 2003
    i got this sheet stuff from craft store. i am using it dubble thick. i have 1/3 of the internal box completed. and working on the rest tomarrow. i will be calling stryke proabley tomarrow i have wierd work hours . this is the last pic i will post befor i finish the box.