Legacy Audio Point One Subwoofer

Options
crusher372
crusher372 Posts: 34
edited February 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Ok so here is the skinny,

Its been forever since I have posted here but I have a killer deal for someone in the Dallas area that wants a drop dead gorgeous and immensly powerful sub. I won't bother with all of the specs. You can check Legacy Audio's website for details. I just picked up a good deal on this sub but the wife says absolutely not. It is Rosewood in color and has the uprgraded 1000 watt amp. I could only dream of a space big enough to handle this so I figured I would give the local Polk heads first dibs. I am only asking $1200.00. The thing sells for $2900.00 new. This one is roughly one yr old and is perfect except for tiny little ding in the top. Could probably minwax it out but I am not the handy man type. I currently have it at my business and you are free to come check it out. I can snap some pics tomorrow if you want them as well. Just wanted to see if anyone was interested and if not no biggie. Off to Audiogon (with a little higher price of course lol).

Russman............you need this :).

Take it easy guys and feel free to post or e-mail me at oldfrailone@juno.com

Jeff
Post edited by crusher372 on

Comments

• AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited February 2007
    Options
    10hz. . . that's looooooooowwwwwww.

Good luck with your sale. I'm a local yokel, but too much scrilla for me : )

Sami, you can pick this up and have a cage match (to the death of course) between the SVS, your DIY, and the Legacy. I'll come referee, if you want.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • crusher372
    edited February 2007
    Options
    LOL,

Sami bought out my entire Rti set up a couple of years ago. He is due to buy from me again dont you think lol.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Maybe you should put your wife on Audiogon instead?

I'm more than content in the sub arena for all rigs right now.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • crusher372
    edited February 2007
    Options
    My wife on Audiogon..............hmmm well if............
    bad! bad!

No, I have way to much invested to part with her.
  • gwh
    gwh Posts: 1,451
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Sami should sell his recently acquired subs to me and put the proceeds toward the legacy sub:)

G
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited February 2007
    Options
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Damn it.....wish I had the clams right now......
    Would go great with my focus...
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Give me a few days to work something out.
    Shipping possible??
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • crusher372
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Shipping would be tough but I could probably swing it. No rush. Pm me with your thoughts and we will go from there.

Jeff
  • crusher372
    edited February 2007
    Options
    After doing a little research on the sub, it looks to be a little older than a year. Maybe 2-4 yrs as it does not have the aluminum woofer that this years model has but its still in great shape and the price is still a great deal. Just want to be as upfront as I can be as I am not the original owner. Talked with Legacy about it this morning and there is little difference between the models.
    The original purchase price of this model would have been near $3500 as well. I know $1200.00 is still a large chunk. I am not looking to really make anything on the sale. Just make sure one of you guys gets a great deal on a killer sub and I get my money back on it. Ask any other questions and I will post pics later today.
  • crusher372
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Headed out of town for a week or two. I will check back in with you guys when I return to see if anyone wants it before it goes to audiogon.

Take Care
    Jeff