And the Item is....

Options
Grimster74
Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
edited February 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
The item that caused so much problem in my "FS" thread is my beloved Denon DVD-2900. This item is flawless, free of scratches, nicks marks of any sort. I'm willing to bet this player is lucky if it's even played a total of 30 movies. I'm the original owner and I'm sure many people can back-up my word, I take extreme care of my gear. This unit was purchased March 19, 2004 with the extended warranty which will expire on March 19, 2009. Item will come double boxed and contain the following items, the original box, the remote, power cord, manual and copy of the receipt. Shipping will be done threw FedEx and insured for the purcase price. The package will not ship out until Monday around lunch, once it's shipped, I will contact the buying with the tracking info. Any other questions please don't hesitate to ask. Oh yeah, asking price is $375 shipped to a Polkies door. Here are some pics.
Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
Post edited by Grimster74 on

Comments

• Grimster74
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Sorry, had to resize images.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2007
    Options
    cool Grimster.. good work.

sorry i don't know your name.. but can i shake your hand? LOL

that's a nice looking Denon 2900. Minty in fact. :)

good luck with your sale.

have a nice day, Al
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Just a personal oberservation and thinking out loud to meself... but where are all the peeps who were showing "interest" in this item before they knew what it was? Huh? Anyone wanna pony up a response?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited February 2007
    Options
    PM sent

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    edited February 2007
    Options
    danger boy wrote:
    Just a personal oberservation and thinking out loud to meself... but where are all the peeps who were showing "interest" in this item before they knew what it was? Huh? Anyone wanna pony up a response?

Sure, I thought it was apparent that we were just being smart-asses to an absurd post. Almost like Sid's has turned out, but that's just my oberservation and I am also just thinking out loud to meself.
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Danger Boy, I said I would buy it if I had my tax return!

Someone should jump on this! Great price :)
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • Grimster74
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Okay, so right now I'm kicking myself in the ****. Apparently I put way to much time in my "FS" thread (which I have to admit, it keep me entertained the whole day yesterday) and now no one really seem interested in my "Actual" for sale item. I'll keep this up for sale threw the weekend and if no one seems interested it will get packed up in the box and put back in storage until I can either find a use for it or until someone is looking for a 2900. Beleive me, it's not a must sell, just wanted to keep it in the Polk family.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Give it time Grim! It's a beautiful player for a very attractive price. If it were not near tax time, I'd snatch it up for myself.
    No excuses!
  • Grimster74
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Like I said, it's not a rush. I just figured I screwed myself with yesterday forum havoc.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited February 2007
    Options
    If you're out there using a Sony DVD player and think that its great, this is a perfect chance to upgrade to the next level.
  • Strong Bad
    edited February 2007
    Options
    PolkThug wrote:
    If you're out there using a Sony DVD player and think that its great, this is a perfect chance to upgrade to the next level.

Damn you Thuggy! You had to put it like that! :D

PM sent...
    No excuses!
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited February 2007
    Options
    And there was much rejoicing in Whoville!
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Grimster74
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Hey Strong Bad, seems Joe beat you to the punch though pavement is still pending. If it doesn't work out, I'll give you a yell. Joe said he wants it so we will see.
  • Grimster74
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Payment pending to Joe
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Since this seems to be sold, I hope that I can ask a question without hijacking the thread. What is the difference between the 2900 and the 2910? And then the 3910? Thanks!
    Carl

• venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited February 2007
    Options
    schwarcw wrote:
    Since this seems to be sold, I hope that I can ask a question without hijacking the thread. What is the difference between the 2900 and the 2910? And then the 3910? Thanks!

From what I have seen, the 2910 is the replacement for the discontinued 2200. The 3910 is the replacement for the 2900.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited February 2007
    Options
    I owned the new 2800 and it retailed for $800. It was a dam good dvd player. Built like a tank and great looks. Fastward 5 years and it only played commercial dvd's, no recordables at all and no 1080i upconvert. My current Sony and Panasonic for a fraction of the price would beat it out all around. It became absolutly useless me. Fetched a decent price on Ebay but not near what i paid for it.
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Great story, Scott. I hope you don't chime in on any of my FS offerings. . .

Buzzkill.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited February 2007
    Options
    AndyGwis wrote:
    Great story, Scott. I hope you don't chime in on any of my FS offerings. . .
    Buzzkill.
    :confused::confused:
    People should know what the buying in general. If you ever owned this Denon series of player than you know they are very HIGH QUALITY and built to last. People are having a hard time putting down $800 on HDef DVD players. Short technology story. If you were on this forum when this unit hit, you would know it was very well aprased.
    I had the 2800, amazing PQ at the time. The 2900 was suppose to be a much improved all around unit. They were well know in the videophile world and us senior polkies.
    CHEERS
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited February 2007
    Options
    LOL Andy.........Scott's like that......he can't help it.....lol....

The 2900 is a great player and I have yet to have a problem with mine.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    edited February 2007
    Options
    I guess my question is - if the 2800 has nothing to do with the 2900, why the heck even jack the thread and mention it? It sets up a serious buzz kill for the person who bought it...
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited February 2007
    Options
    venomclan wrote:
    From what I have seen, the 2910 is the replacement for the discontinued 2200. The 3910 is the replacement for the 2900.

yes, venom you have it right. The 2900's are still highly regarded award winning players.

RT1
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Not to worry, you can talk about the 2900 all you like. I told Grimster I'm buying it and I will. It fits in the budget and goes well with the caliber of system that I currently have. The price seems right and it includes shipping. I much prefer to buy from a Polkie than on Ebay. I'm quite sure that it's better than my Panasonic S-77, which I bought on clearance at Future Shop (knowing that it was only a temporary player).

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • Grimster74
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Strong Bad, clean out your PM box.
  • Strong Bad
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Grimster74 wrote:
    Strong Bad, clean out your PM box.

DOH! Sorry! Made room for ya. :D
    No excuses!
  • Grimster74
    edited February 2007
    Options
    PM sent Sir...
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited February 2007
    Options
    yes, venom you have it right. The 2900's are still highly regarded award winning players.

RT1

Sweet! Glad I picked one up recently. I use it as a dvd player and transport only. So far so good.
    Venom