Finally MY review...LSi9

Lsi9
Lsi9 Posts: 616
edited December 2002 in Speakers
hey guys!!

I've been living with my Lsi9's for a few days now....and I must say I'm AMAZED...these speakers are as good if not better than any speakers in the 1000$ - 1500$ price range...they are clean as anything the imaging is truly fantastic...The soundstage is marvously w i d e...and they still arent fully broken in yet, I had RT20's and the two cannot be compared...the 9's blow the 20's into kingdom come & in every way except bass of course being that the 20's have subs in them (bad idea for ANY speaker) I'm driving the 9's with my 90 watt per channel denon reciever (AVR 3600) which I am happy to report has very quality sounding power and smooth overall response.
ATC I must say that I am glad to read your latest review, because I was really baffled because after hearing the 9's I totally didnt see what you were talking about...they are like open windows from which sound emanates. I guess alot depends on the quality & price of your receiver mine was 1800 retail, maybe a 300$ receiver wouldnt relate the limits of capability on these speakers...plus the craftsmanship on these babies is superb they look hot on my Atacoma Nexus stands...get any Thievery Corporation CD & check out the sound :)

Audio Physic Scorpio II
Pathos Logos
MIT Shotgun S3
Bada HD-22 CDP
Post edited by Lsi9 on

Comments

• organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited December 2002
    Congrats on the new purchase. The 9's really do sound amazing. We've yet to hear what they're capable of until we upgrade to seperates. Are you planning on adding an external amp to your Denon? I seriously can't wait to upgrade my Oink to seperates.

Maurice
  • Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited December 2002
    Mmmm... Thievery Corporation :)

9s rawk! \m/
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • Lsi9
    Lsi9 Posts: 616
    edited December 2002
    OK guys heres the update!!!

last night after starting this thread I fired up the system and basked in the warmth of the Lsi9's...I was listening to The MTV Unplugged CD of Alejandro Sanz & in the middle of one of the songs trumpets come in, I felt that the trumpets needed more air to them (they just didnt breath right, they sounded muffled even though they were in the background) I then decided to go into the closet & get my SAE A201 (2 channel Amp), a friend gave to me a while ago, I dusted this gorgeous amp off, hooked it up & lo and behold...The sound was as tight as speakers worth 3000$... sadly though I also have a old 200 watt Yamaha 2 channel amp w/ wierd wire terminals that just dont go with my ultra thx monster cables :( BUT...I can't imagine this amp sounding better than the SAE when coupled with the Lsi9's (even though its a very hi quality Yamaha amp)

Audio Physic Scorpio II
    Pathos Logos
    MIT Shotgun S3
    Bada HD-22 CDP
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited December 2002
    I couldn't either. Then again I'm partial to SAE gear. Great to hear your sound is so good.
    Make it Funky! :)