TPM - "The Phantom Micah"

Options
Aaron
Aaron Posts: 1,853
edited October 2001 in Music & Movies
Micah, I think I know how you feel man. Tell me if this sounds familiar. It's a Friday night, you're watching a movie, the lights are off, AND.....you're all alone. That describes my evening with Episode I. As pathetic as it sounds, I highly enjoyed myself. No distractions, just absolute absorption of the movie. There are few things better than completely losing yourself for two hours. And yes Micah, I know you would never spend an evening alone with Episode I.

The audio and video are simply spectacular! What else can I say? Extensive use of the surround channels and LFE. The bass is atomic! Even on my cheap TV the video looked gorgeous. I can only imagine what it would look like on a widescreen set with a progressive scan player. Ron? I could probably ramble on forever about how good the audio and video was, but I'll spare you all.

Aaron
Post edited by Aaron on

Comments

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited October 2001
    Options
    The audio and video are awesome!

I thoroughly enjoyed it. The bass IS atomic. It's freakin crazy!!! Gotta watch the volume in alot of places. Right after the opening scroll when the ship flies across the screen from deep space...NUTS!!!

Obi-John Kenobi
    No excuses!
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited October 2001
    Options
    i have to agree also, this disc is awesome, although i still haven't sat down to watch the movie in its entirety. just the opening ship scene, the pod race, and the duel of the fates 2-3 times. plus all the bonus material.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited October 2001
    Options
    I can only imagine what it would look like on a widescreen set with a progressive scan player. Ron?

Simply Outstanding. It is amazing. I had several friends over Saturday night and I demoed a few scenes. All made comments on how sharp, clean and amazing the picture looked. I dig that new THX chest thumping intro.

I love this new Progressive player, there really is a very noticable difference in picture quality improvements.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.