WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!! GOT MY cs1000p oCHEAP ON!!!!!(somewhat)

brettw22
brettw22 Posts: 7,621
edited January 2003 in Speakers
So I was planning on goin through a friend that turned into a big flakey piece of SHIAT (not bitter), but found a cs1000p for $500 from one of the Crutchfield stores. It's one that they got as a return and are sellin it for pretty cheap.

So I have about a week before my speaker system is totally done..........except that I'm getting another pair of RT16's, so that'll be fun..... :-)

Just had to vent my happiness.............MERRY EFFIN CHRISTMAS TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
Post edited by brettw22 on

Comments

• brettw22
    edited December 2002
    Rude of me not to say this too...............

MERRY EFFIN CHRISTMAS TO Y'ALL TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited December 2002
    hell of a buy man, congrat...
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited December 2002
    Make sure to run it on small - it can't handle the bass. :-) Enjoy man, great price! Hella cheap!

Doc
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • brettw22
    edited December 2002
    Originally posted by Dr. Spec
    Make sure to run it on small - it can't handle the bass. :-)

I don't have a receiver that I can specify large or small as of yet, but when I do, I'll have to play with it. As a point of comparison though, with the 1000p on small, does the same go for the CSi40 or 400i?
  • Dr. Spec
    edited December 2002
    I was pulling your leg - if there ever was a center designed to be run on large, this is it.

FWIW, I run my CS400i on small.

This might touch off a more serious discussion, though. Many HT enthusiasts run all their speaks on SMALL, regardless of their low bass capabilities. The objective being to relieve the surround amp and speakers of the stress of having to reproduce a full range signal, and also to have the bass originate from one spot in the room, instead of several. Several low bass origins tends to create an uneven bass response in the room, with more standing waves and nulls.

Doc

SVS
  • brettw22
    edited December 2002
    The reason that I asked about the large vs. small comment was that I have read in some other posts that the sub (being only 50w) isn't fully capable of running full steam. I guess that's where you adjust the htz setting on the receiver, right?

Once I get a digital receiver I'll have to learn more about all the settings involved, but at this point, I should be good to go......
  • brettw22
    edited December 2002
    Well I FINALLY got my cs1000p today via UPS. I really can't stand them.......mental note, always use FedEx. Anyway, it wasn't cosmetically damaged at all.......

So i was HELLA excited to plut it in and blast the thing so I disconnected my old cs200 and set the 1000 on the top of my 40" Mitsubishi Tube television and watched as instantly the upper left corner of the screen turned pink. Degaussed my TV and thought I was in the clear..........until the corner discolored again. Called Crutchfield, they said probably needs to be repaired and I might have to send it BACK to Virginia. (PISSED)

Well, I couldn't NOT listen to it, so i set it on the floor in front of the TV and connected it and WOW what a difference from old to new. There's a dvd concert that I REALLY like the vocals on (Yanni: Tribute Concert) and the thing blends the rest of my speakers VERY VERY well.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not happy though that I've gotta get it fixed..........I'm gonna try to see if there's a local place that I can take it into. I called 3 or 4 places that sell Polk, but they won't take it in to service it since it wasn't purchased from them (which IMO is ****). Anyway, glad I have it, pissed it's not right........whadda ya do........
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited December 2002
    It doesn't matter much if the cs1000 is set small or large. It is basicaly the cs400 with 2 extra 6.5 with an internal amp. Which has to be connected to a preout of sorts or the lfe. How are ya running the subs on it? Just courius.
    Great deal by the way.
  • Jeffrey_B
    Jeffrey_B Posts: 21
    edited December 2002
    Originally posted by Dr. Spec
    This might touch off a more serious discussion, though. Many HT enthusiasts run all their speaks on SMALL, regardless of their low bass capabilities. The objective being to relieve the surround amp and speakers of the stress of having to reproduce a full range signal, and also to have the bass originate from one spot in the room, instead of several. Several low bass origins tends to create an uneven bass response in the room, with more standing waves and nulls.

Doc

Dr. Spec - I too have an SVS 20-39 PC+ (wow!) and have recently upgraded to Polk LSi9, LSiC, and LSiFX. As per the instructions, I've set all speakers to SMALL and am letting the sub handle the deep stuff. Am I loosing much of the bass potential of the LSi's this way? Also, I see that you have biwired your mains and center. I was thinking of doing this at some point down the road. Does it REALLY make much difference? Especially if you have your speakers set to small? JEFF
  • brettw22
    edited December 2002
    Originally posted by scottvamp
    How are ya running the subs on it? Just courius.

Right now, because I'm not even running a Digital processor, I'm just using the jumpers. When I get a new receiver, I'm going to go with the LFE connection to the center pre-out. I could do that right now, but since I don't even have the entire distinction of all vocals from the center, I don't see the need to go there right now. Depending on if I can pawn off some stuff to a co-worker, I might be able to get a new receiver within a few weeks.......
  • brettw22
    edited December 2002
    Originally posted by Jeffrey_B
    Am I loosing much of the bass potential of the LSi's this way?

Jeff, I don't think that the LSi's have much bass potential to start off with. If anything, they have a VERY shallow sounding bass level. I can't really say that they're designed to be more satellite type speakers, but they're NOT full range IMO. The way you have them set with the sub gettin a big chunk of the bass is a good way to go.........
  • Dr. Spec
    edited December 2002
    Originally posted by Jeffrey_B

Dr. Spec - I too have an SVS 20-39 PC+ (wow!) and have recently upgraded to Polk LSi9, LSiC, and LSiFX. As per the instructions, I've set all speakers to SMALL and am letting the sub handle the deep stuff. Am I loosing much of the bass potential of the LSi's this way? Also, I see that you have biwired your mains and center. I was thinking of doing this at some point down the road. Does it REALLY make much difference? Especially if you have your speakers set to small? JEFF

Small is the WTG, for best bass management. If this is for HT use and not a dedicated 2 channel stereo rig, you were right-on to buy to LSi9 instead of the LSi15 or LSi25. Let the PC+ shoulder the load and let the bass originate from one point in the room.

Bi-wiring - I did it because I could. It didn't sound any worse. It will never be a HUGE difference - subtle is the key word here. Try it and see what you think!

Doc

SVS
  • Gary Robertson
    Gary Robertson Posts: 201
    edited January 2003
    good deal,i would kinda like to hear that set up after everything is broken in.
    i personally think that those speakers are pretty "EFFIN" clean..:-i myself am thinking about a new cd player-i have seen the adcom cd-750 and i really liked it but then i also saw an integra and i liked it and then i saw a poineer "elite" and i lied it-should i go audition a sone "ES"? what do you think? There is s much that i lied and didn't like about the ones i checked out that it's hard to follow my ears and heart--kinda like being in a night club and being the only guy in there and see 3 stunning blonds and 3 stunning brunettes and 3 stunning redheads and knowing for a fact that you could have any one of them that you desired --"BUT ONLY ONE" which one would you choose !!! That's how i feel about the new cd playe..kinda like Vinnie Barbarino--(i'm so confused)
    System #2
    Yamaha cdc-755,(20 bit DAC )
    Yamaha KX W382 cassette deck,
    ADCOM GFA-545-II.ampfilier,,
    ADCOM GFP-450 Preamp ,,BBE audio Restoration System (ARS)--Monster--M850I Innerconects and Monster 14 gauge speaker cable and the Fabulous POLK RT-7's with a Velodyne 12/15 subwoofer system ....she rocks.........
    System #1:
    Meridian 508-24 cd.(20 bit DAC)
    Adcom -Gfp 750 preamp,
    Bryston 14b-sst amplifier,
    Martin Logan Prodigy Electrostatc speakers.and Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II innerconnects (rca) with Acoustic Zen Satori Shotgun speaker cable.
    ............................. "Jazz is democracy in music".