Selling off most of my 2 channel

Options
jdhdiggs
jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
edited January 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Ok, why am I selling? Well, that's none of your business! ;)

Anyway:

Magnepan 3.3R's Local Pickup Only, $1,200:

Custom walnut finish. Wood is in great shape, one of the socks could use a little work (a snag and a stain from a shipping mishap with the original owner. Magnepan made sure the speaker is ok, they just never changes the sock-so I'm told)

Comes with the ribbon tweeter guards and the original boxes for the panels. The X-over and feet have a 20.1R box

2 Adcom GFA-565 Monoblocks Local Pickup or you pay shipping, $900/pair or $500 each These are the ones I bought from Doro, same condition. http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42266

Counterpoint SA-100, $500 Shipped Best all around amp I own. Tube/SS hybrid 100W/Channel @8, 175W/channel @4. Currently holding Sovtek Tubes. Original box and manual

SPUD AMP $150 Shipped A little 2W per channel amp using 6CL6 tubes. Comes with a forest of additional tubes from JAN's, RCA, Tung Sol, etc.... Left channel tube socket needs some de-oxit work. GREAT sounding little amp, can be modded to handle headphones or speakers.

None of these items live on the same floor as the dog and there are no kids or smokers

Pics upcoming this weekend.

Maggies pics, close up of stain/snags
There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
Post edited by jdhdiggs on

Comments

• Crispycircuit
    Crispycircuit Posts: 49
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Ok, why am I selling? Well, that's none of your business! ;)

Were you watching "The Opera Show again"??
  • jdhdiggs
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Fine, we're finishing the basement and if I want it done right, and not take out a loan, I need to free up some cash. Any money here would be spent on the dedicated room downstairs. There, you happy? ;)
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited January 2007
    Options
  • jdhdiggs
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Well hell, screw this, I'm heading to the bay... (actaully, I'm anticipating all the stuff won't sell here and will probably end up there in May)
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited January 2007
    Options
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    Well hell, screw this, I'm heading to the bay... (actaully, I'm anticipating all the stuff won't sell here and will probably end up there in May)

I hope you didn't take my comment the wrong way. What I was trying to say was your prices are excellent compared to ebay. Anytime someone can save 20-25% then that is a great deal imo.
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Tell me more about this SPUD. What modifications would need to be done to make it a headphone amp? Also, would it be a good headphone amp? Anyone have experience with it powering headgear?

I'm about to get some Senn HD580s and may take the plunge if this will get the job done.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2007
    Options
    The Spud amp is a SEP, single ended pentode. I had this amp custom made from Abraxxas Audio a couple years ago. I used it in my office rig, to power a pair of nOrh 3.0's (87db) in a nearfield, desktop setting - and LOVED it. It actually does approx 2.2 watts continuous into 8ohm. It has one set of inputs, and a passive volume pot (no gain stage) inline with the output tubes.

The output trannies are old Grundig or Telefunken, I can't remember which. Anywho, they had 8ohm taps, which were used for the speaker posts on the rear, but they also have a set of 32ohm taps which were left underneath (not hooked up to anything).

The 32ohm taps could be used for a headphone output, as that is what most headphones on the market are looking for. Granted, 2.2w is more than would ever be needed for cans, but if you were easy on the volume knob, you could certainly use it for a headamp.

Cheers,
    Russ

(search 6197 Spud, you should find some pictures here).
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • AndyGwis
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Great. I didn't understand anything but "search 6197 Spud, you should find some pictures here." :)

Will do.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Actually James, if Andy doesn't want it, I'll buy it back - just let me know how you want funds.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2007
    Options
    James is a jackass. Don't buy anything from him. :p:p
  • jdhdiggs
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Andy, Russ:

For the record, the left side socket does need a deoxit treatment, but works fine when you can get the connection to go.

Russ, thanks for all the info but the transformer make is something else that I can't recall right now... Anyway, how in the hell do you remember stuff like that?

Oh, and I'll be out until tomorrow morning so be nice! (That means you Dave)
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Did you or Jef swap trannies out? You are talking about the tube socket, right? It's probably the tube pins, either way, a good wiggle should make a connection.
  • AndyGwis
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Whoa, you guys are sick! Trading out trannies?!?! What the hell kind of forum is this.

I'll just come check it out at your place, Russ. This stuff is over my head. It's all yours.
  • jdhdiggs
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Yeah, it's in the tube socket itself. I don't have the means to clean it out around here. If I wiggle the tubes JUST right it'll work perfectly.

Andy:

Remember, once you open the door to Russmans den, there is no brain bleach to remove the image. Know that going in...
  • AndyGwis
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Does he keep the trannies locked up in the den?
  • Porter
    Porter Posts: 34
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Wow, that Spud amp is tempting. :o

That would be perfect for a set of homebrew single-driver nearfield minimonitors in a bedroom...

Fostex 108EΣ... :)
  • Crispycircuit
    Crispycircuit Posts: 49
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Hey, enjoy your project and do it right. This will give you plenty of time to plan your new system... I'll donate a $1 if other Polkers will? Anybody willing to help? Anybody??......Ha! We could speed up this project.....
  • jdhdiggs
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Hey, enjoy your project and do it right. This will give you plenty of time to plan your new system... I'll donate a $1 if other Polkers will? Anybody willing to help? Anybody??......Ha! We could speed up this project.....

Na, no need for funds beyond selling things. This sale would give me the funds to get the correct wall inserts ahead of time. Otherwise, I'd need to leave the studs exposed in the storage room (which I might do anyway). I wonder if Polk would give me a discount on 7 pairs of inwall LSi's?
  • Lsi9
    Lsi9 Posts: 616
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Sounds like a fun project James, Are you setting up for 10.1? :)

Audio Physic Scorpio II
    Pathos Logos
    MIT Shotgun S3
    Bada HD-22 CDP
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Here you go; the SPUD 6197, from this thread.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Great price on the Maggies.....almost a no brainer.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • jdhdiggs
    edited January 2007
    Options
    You'd think so, wouldn't yeah? Hard to find a true ribbon speaker at that price beyond the amazings but they don't have the maggie mids. Taking pics of the magis right now.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Absolutely, had I not bagged the Quads, those would be mine.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2007
    Options
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    Taking pics of the magis right now.

Those...look...nice......

If I didn't have so many speakers right now (including a pair of Carvers with great mids ;) ), I'd be planning a trip....I need to listen to Maggies some day.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • jdhdiggs
    edited January 2007
    Options
    If anyone is really interested, I can deliver at Polkfest at Antny's
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2007
    Options
    PF is at Big Ted's brother.
  • unc2701
    unc2701 Posts: 3,587
    edited January 2007
    Options
    So has anyone claimed the Spud? If Russ doesn't mind, I'd like to give a whirl on my Fostex DIY's.
    Gallo Ref 3.1 : Bryston 4b SST : Musical fidelity CD Pre : VPI HW-19
    Gallo Ref AV, Frankengallo Ref 3, LC60i : Bryston 9b SST : Meridian 565
    Jordan JX92s : MF X-T100 : Xray v8
    Backburner:Krell KAV-300i
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2007
    Options
    All yours bro.
  • unc2701
    unc2701 Posts: 3,587
    edited January 2007
    Options
    JDH, you've got PM. Russman, you've got first dibs if I decide to move it.
    Gallo Ref 3.1 : Bryston 4b SST : Musical fidelity CD Pre : VPI HW-19
    Gallo Ref AV, Frankengallo Ref 3, LC60i : Bryston 9b SST : Meridian 565
    Jordan JX92s : MF X-T100 : Xray v8
    Backburner:Krell KAV-300i