Options
Frank Z
Frank Z Posts: 5,860
edited December 2002 in Music & Movies
Check this out!

December 13, 2002

Exclusive - Dark Side of the Moon on DVD-Audio Confirmed by Alan Parsons

Written by Jerry Del Colliano

Reliable sources close to AudioRevolution.com report that in a conference at the Surround 2002 Expo in Beverly Hills today, engineer Alan Parsons spoke on the topic of Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon being mixed for DVD-Audio (see AudioRevolution.com lead story from last week’s email).

Parsons confirmed that the version of Dark Side on DVD-Audio that has been heard around Los Angeles was a working version of the quad mix on a DVD-Audio disc. He confirmed that the band was in fact working on a dedicated 5.1 version which he was sure was going to be a DVD-Audio title. EMI, Floyd’s label, backs DVD-Audio in the U.S. Strangely, Parsons who engineered the legendary Dark Side album 30 years ago, is not part of the new mixing sessions based on a decision made by the band – says Parsons. After thirty years of hearing his work, Parson says he has lots of ideas of things he wanted to do differently if he were to get a chance. He isn’t.

Release dates, an official announcement and other details were not released but a 30th anniversary release seems to make sense at this point. If you could order the DVD-Audio title early, which you can’t at this point, it might become the biggest selling title in the new audio format’s history on its first shipment.

http://www.audiorevolution.com/
9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
Post edited by Frank Z on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2002
    Options
    nice, Frank Z thanks for posting that. I haven't heard anything about Dark Side of the Moon being released in DVD-a.

Right on!

P.S. I've finally been seeing more DVD-a music at my local Best Buy store. MOre, more, more, i want more damn it.!!!
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Dark Side of the Moon is coming out in March.