LS F/X inverting

Options
trance72
trance72 Posts: 18
edited December 2002 in Speakers
hello all, i have an older pair of LS/fx and was wondering if i invert them do i need to change the left spk. to the right and right to the left since i am turning them upside down and would be reversing the di-pole bi-pole effect.there are mounting holes on the top and bottom.the reason for inverting them is because i am mounting them high and want the speakers to point down thanks ..trance:confused
a true audiophile is never satisfiyed
Post edited by trance72 on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited December 2002
    Options
    I'd say no.But I'd try it both ways in see what it sounds like.Out of all the speakers I have mounted I never tried hanging a di polar speaker upsidedown.I gotta hear the results of this one.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • trance72
    edited December 2002
    Options
    well i tried it and im still judging the effects.they dont seem as loud as they were with the same surround level settings but when i turn the settings up to 0db flat the sound was much more mysterious as to were it was coming from. still not sure what is best for 5.1
  • Lsi9
    Lsi9 Posts: 616
    edited December 2002
    Options
    LOL !!! when I turn my ls/fx upside down I always switch sides...heh this is funny because I didn't think anyone would do it like that...kool they sound good this way...in theory switching sides is correct

Audio Physic Scorpio II
    Pathos Logos
    MIT Shotgun S3
    Bada HD-22 CDP
  • trance72
    edited December 2002
    Options
    pic
  • Lsi9
    Lsi9 Posts: 616
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Mine are white :)

Audio Physic Scorpio II
    Pathos Logos
    MIT Shotgun S3
    Bada HD-22 CDP
  • trance72
    edited December 2002
    Options
    i didnt know thay came in white...cool..i got these at a cuircit city in memphis for 225 for the pair.they were the display models.i later found out that the msrp was 600 so im happy with them