Polk 5jr speakers

Options
rcota
rcota Posts: 3
edited December 2002 in Speakers
Hello,

I am a recent member of the Polk Club having just purchased some r15s for surround speakers last November. I also have some Polk 5jr speakers that I purchased around 1985. I am just curious - what current model of Polk speaker does the 5jr speaker come closest to now given the 17 year span?
Post edited by rcota on

Comments

• joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited December 2002
    Options
    wecome rcota, not sure what those speakers are, must be some of the frist polk speakers some one here will know.
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited December 2002
    Options
    If you're talking about a center for the 5jr's, somewhere on the Polk site there's a feature designed to help you match current & older spkrs for HT. If your model is not on there, an email to cust srvc & maybe a post in the "troubleshooting" forum will help. The 5jr's are great, they are what introduced me to Polk. Went home to visit the folks & Dad had these relatively little spkrs & I wondered how he was going to get enuff outta them to fill up their living room, but when he played Also Sprach Zarathustra (?), I knew he'd made a great choice--not just because of how the famous part sounded, but the rest, too.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • rcota
    rcota Posts: 3
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Thanks for your replies, especially meestercleef and your story about the 5jrs and your dad.
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited December 2002
    Options
    when he played Also Sprach Zarathustra (?), I knew he'd made a great choice--not just because of how the famous part sounded

?? fill me in on this, what is it, what famous sound??
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2002
    Options
    ?? fill me in on this, what is it, what famous sound??

Also Sprach Zarathustra - Thus spoke Zarathustra op.30: Intro -This is the music that leads in to 2001: A Space Odyssey.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson