Fixing old woofers.

Options
jdavy
jdavy Posts: 380
edited December 2002 in Speakers
I have a friend who has some nice old speakers who needs to have the woofers repaired. He has some nice magenets so he just wants to get them repapered? Can this be done?

Thanks for the help.

:D
Post edited by jdavy on

Comments

• jdavy
    jdavy Posts: 380
    edited December 2002
    Options
    FYI they are Parentheien Towers
    I am not sure of the spelling, he has two twelve inch woofers in each tower 4 total that need to be re-coned
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by jdavy
    so he just wants to get them repapered? :D

ight - I dont know. But, Winn Dixie and Walmart and alot of other places carry some nice Mead Paper - If you really looking for some heavy duty stuff, get some poster board..lol! jk

Actually, they can be reconed - tell him to contact the company he bought them from, and tell him to ask for replacements or how much they would charge to fix the old ones. - FYI - Reconed woofers, are not the same as the were when they were new, so I hear...But I might be wrong about this whole thing...LOL!
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • trance72
    trance72 Posts: 18
    edited December 2002
    Options
    do u mean paradigm i think thats how its spelled...if so then reconing would be a good idea.this is a higher range quality speaker and deserves to be repaired.there is a company called"speaker works" in OR. and will recone them for around 100 bucks.www.speakerworks.net
    a true audiophile is never satisfiyed