Simultaneous Low Level/High Level Inputs?

danstone
danstone Posts: 5
I was reading in another thread about how the Rel subs can use the low level and high level outputs simultaneously. I'm interested in exploring whether there would be any benefit to this configuration with my current setup. I'm just wondering if this is possible with a PSW450? Is there any harm in doing so or any other considerations I should be aware of before experimenting? Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan
Post edited by danstone on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    edited December 2002
    dude I'm right up your alley.

First let me tell you about ReL.In my opnion,they are the most musical subs on the market,Clean,musical,powerful,silky smooth,disappear in your room.Seem to rule our market in PA,NJ,New York and Delaware.I plan on using a REL StromIII,Q201E or a Strata III in my new theater.Funny you talk about the psw450 I used to own it and it cannot do what the REL can.It's a unique Sub bass system they have.Awesome.I have installed these fine **** sub's 100X's and everytime Impressed with the results.
    As far as the high level and low level,I can explain that as well.
    The high level can be inputed from line level connection from your preamp or receiver,Via Left and Right,or Sub out LFE.The input can be also adjusted for bypass if using LFE out in order to avoid double filtering.The Low level Input is Balanced supplied speaker level connection.3 wire design for Left,right and common ground.Both inputs use seperate crossover points and volume settings.Very cool.This is one of the reasons I choose REL over ALL other brands I have listened to and setup.
    I feel this is a nessary wiring technic for systems that have duty roles.Like Home Theater/Multichannel Music/2 channel.

Now with the common subwoofers on the market,you only have one crossover point and one volume setting.This opposes a problem most of the time for music playback.Usually the Home Theater setting is tipically higher,and the sub needs to be recalibrated for Music playback......thats not a fact,just my experience setting up sub's of all different brands.

If you want more Info about REL, visit there website at
    WWW.REL.net.Or simply find a local dealer and get your demo on.Tweeter and Overture around my way sells REL.Overture is a local Delaware located company and Tweeter is National.
    Enter ReL and Enter sub bass understanding........sound funny? let me explain.
    Please re read the above reply......;)
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    edited December 2002
    O if you do a search in here,I talk about REL alot.You'll find my words about this product.They all mean the same but could come across differently depending my mood of the day.......get your search on as well..............I love REL.

O you little REL,I'd like to hold it and rub my nose on it.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited December 2002
    I seconded mantis.....it is one hell of a sub bass speaker, once you passed the sticker shock....
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited December 2002
    what is the price on one of these babys?
  • polkatese
    edited December 2002
    strata III: $1294.99, Storm III: $1994.99 at Tweeter (before negotiation).....
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited December 2002
    ooo -- Why in the heck would yall buy them at a tweeter or anywhere like that? Listen to it there, id you like it. Come home, search for it on the net - order it at lowest price! lol! Atleast thats what I do
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • polkatese
    edited December 2002
    well, they don't sell REL over the net, for one thing. Also, the price is negotiable, and comes with one year upgrade option...