look sony subs

Options
DaBoss
DaBoss Posts: 2
edited January 2007 in Car Subwoofer Talk
Ok.....just had a quick question. I have looked into buying 4 10' sony Xplods and 2 12' sony xplods. and the guy wants 35 each for the 10's and 45 each for the 12's.....Now is that a good price for those or are they good subs at all? and what amp should I use to power them all?

And would that be loud at all???
Post edited by DaBoss on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Yeah, it would be loud. But then again, so is a good ****. You get what you pay for.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • black magic
    black magic Posts: 669
    edited January 2007
    Options
    I'd personally stay away from Sony's car audio products (save their head units). Sony Xplode's do just that, they explode. if you're looking for low-end audio, i suppose you could give it a shot, but if you want something a little higher-end with great quaility you should look into JL, Alpine, ed, re, and of course polk. Some say they're over priced, and maybe they are, but they all perform very well. Not to say that sony's car audio products suck (even though some will agree) its not what they specialize in, a company whose main focus is car audio (or has a large emphsis on that market) is likely to have more R&D put into their products... just my $0.02. but do what you like, dont just take anybody's word for anything, go out and test out different subs and see which you like most.