Trade-Up Program?

bhenchey
bhenchey Posts: 4
edited December 2002 in Speakers
Hi,
I bought a complete set of RTi's this summer (RTi70, CSi40, RTi38 rear and RTi28 back surround) and am now itching to replace them with LSi's. Does Polk have some sort of speaker trade-up program where I can get credit for my previous purchases?

Thanks in advance,
Brian
My HT:
Mits WS-65869
Rocket Loudspeakers--750(L/R), 200(C), 300(SS), 550(BS) and 150 (Sunfire 9.1 side-axis)
SVS B4+
Sunfire Theater Grand III
Sunfire Cinema Seven
Onix 2150 amplifier (side axis)
Crown K1 (sub)
Denon 2900
BPT CPC (w/isolation transformer) [front end components]
Brickwall 20 amp surge suppressor
Panamax 4400 20 amp surge suppressor [amplifiers]
Cables by Bluejeanscable.com and Signalcable.com

What should I upgrade next?
Post edited by bhenchey on

Comments

• brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited December 2002
    Polk itself does not.......If you bought them through Circuit City, I know that they have a trade up program, but I've heard a lot of horror stories about dealing with them in general (I think more to do with warranty work than the upgrade program)......

Check with the retailer that you bought them from......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • bigsexy1
    bigsexy1 Posts: 557
    edited December 2002
    Why, oh why doesn't CC carry the LSI line? They at one time had available the speaker system with the RT3000, CS1000 and f/x1000. Those cost even more than the LSi does.
    Ken, Micah, anybody, are there any plans for CC to get the LSi's before say April?
  • Soccerplyr
    Soccerplyr Posts: 160
    edited December 2002
    The price point exceeds what CC feels people in their market are willing to spend. The highest speaker they caring is the RTi150 @ $750 per. At least this is the case in San Diego
    Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH
    Monolith 7x200 Amplifier
    Harmony Hub
    Sony VLP-HW40ES
    Visualapex 106" Electric Screen
    Oppo BDP-103
    Music Hall MMF 2.1
    Polk LSiM 705
    Polk LSiM704c
    Polk LSiM702F/X
    SVS PB-2000
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited December 2002
    I would think that for CC to carry the LSi series may require them to redesign their audio room and retrain their sales folks to properly match and demo the speakers. Tweeter would be a more appropriate environment for LSi. It would allow a better match of gears and the speakers. Besides, I love to see the LSi to compete head to head with Vienna and the likes, not to mention powering them with B&K....it would definitely better suited. Btw, tweeter also has those trade-up/upgrade program.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • palebluedot
    palebluedot Posts: 18
    edited December 2002
    I bought my polk's at circuit city and they did mention the one-time trade-up within a years time. But yes, their showrooms definately have something to be desired.
  • jmasterj
    jmasterj Posts: 327
    edited December 2002
    Hi bhenchey,

welcome to the forum. Seems like you have a nice set of speakers there. I was just wondering why you're so eager to get rid of them so soon. You've only had them a few months. I would suggest you experiment with placement, upgrade speaker wire,even consider a new power amp. I submit that you probably haven't heard what your system can do. I've lived with my RT1000i, CS245i, FX300i system for a little over a year and I'm constantly amazed at how nice it is. I'm not against upgrading we all want the best we can get. I just hope you will take a little time to really listen to, and get to know your speakers. Maybe add a sub. I'm not trying to tell you how to spend your money, only suggesting that those speakers are an excellent value. You owe it to yourself to spend a year or two with them. Trust me LSi's will still be there when you decide. Don't want you to cheat yourself. I'm always in such a hurry, half chewing, then swallowing without a taste. I have to keep telling myself to take time to taste the food... Good luck whatever you decide. J
    JmasterJ Polk to the Death