Has anyone done this?

botany
botany Posts: 68
edited December 2002 in Speakers
Hi all, I am looking at buying two sets of Polk's FXi50's for $379.00 a set from sounddistributors.com or Acousticsounddesign.com.

My big concern is the warranty? And buying from unauthorized Polk dealer.

Has anyone ever bought speakers from these guy's or done this??

Thanks for you help,

Botany
Post edited by botany on

Comments

• xfontanax
    xfontanax Posts: 82
    edited December 2002
    I bought a pair of LSiFX from sound distributor web site. They arrived in perfect condition (and I'm in Okinawa Japan). Due to the distance, it did take a month, but overall I'm happy. I wasn't too concearned with warranty because of my remote location. Who would honor the warranty out here? With speakers, if something goes bad, you remove the part and replace, not like electronics. Much easier to troubleshoot also. Another reason, why I went ahead and purchased over the internet.
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited December 2002
    Though its interesting to note - the serial numbers for the 9's were perfectly in tact..

Actually the serial numbers that you see are not Polk serial numbers. They are new lables applied by the .COM that you bought your speakers from. I bought mine the same way from the same company.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited December 2002
    Botany, I tried to send you an email but you opted not to accept mail from this site.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • botany
    botany Posts: 68
    edited December 2002
    Frank Z, I changed my setting to accept emails

Botany
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited December 2002
    I have purchased from acoustic sound design, and he is right the serial number is a white label not the standard black polk label, They are alot cheaper then CC and not bad on shipping, actually they arrived with the tweeters knocked out and when i e-mailed them they said UPS has conveyers that are sometimes 16 feet high and the drop could cause that, I actually just poped them back in and told them don't sweat it, so they offered me 5% off my next purchase and free shipping so you can't beat that..
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited December 2002
    Faster.....

If you bought from someone that provides ZERO warranty to you for the merchandise, and it arrives damaged......without question I would return it for something that's in PERFECT condition.

Maybe that's just me though........
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited December 2002
    i have a guy at a local dealer who will match any on line price i bring him so i get my stuff i did oreder i set of speakers from a on line company and they had the prigonal seral # on them
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    edited December 2002
    sounds like a gamble to me.Role the dice and see whatca geet.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited December 2002
    I only bought the small rti28's and would not consider any other speaker specially after what happened with th tweeters, they DO offer a warranty and also i could have shipped them back for 20+ dollars which would have taken me closer to not saving money and i could have bought them locally, I opted to keep them and they work fine no problems. I think i will rethink another purchase though in all reality/
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp