Hello Gentlemen..........

mantis
mantis Posts: 17,032
edited December 2002 in Speakers
Boys hows your night going???:)
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
Post edited by mantis on

Comments

• jdavy
    jdavy Posts: 380
    edited December 2002
    I have had better nights. Pregnant wife's emotions.
  • LiquidSound
    LiquidSound Posts: 1,261
    edited December 2002
    Doing quite well myself. Rummaging through crutchfield and seeing what's in their closets. Those guys are really trying to strike a deal these days!
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's
    Sub - Spiked Velodyne Cht-8 On Spiked Landscaping Stones

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
  • mantis
    edited December 2002
    glad to hear it.
    I'm just unwinding from a long and trying day
    Dan
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited December 2002
    I'm with LiquidSound - I'm doin pretty well. I just got a nice personalized 8x10 of TOOL autographed by all 4 members in the mail along with the new crutchfield. It was a good day. :)
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2002
    Setup a bud's first rig tonight. Morduant Shorts on a Yamaha DD receiver, Sony dvd. He's only got his 3 front speakers for now, but man is he happy.

Other than that, packing for Vegas. Where did I put my Elvis shades?

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • mantis
    edited December 2002
    **** I didn't get the new Crutchfield....damn mail man....reading my **** again.
    Dan
  • LiquidSound
    LiquidSound Posts: 1,261
    edited December 2002
    The new crutchfield is VERY holiday oriented in its order of merchandise presentation. I'm surprised the DS7200 isn't in it though.
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's
    Sub - Spiked Velodyne Cht-8 On Spiked Landscaping Stones

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    edited December 2002
    Great! Got WYWH cranked and waiting for the snow storm, life is good. :D
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited December 2002
    I had a fun night. I went to the used cd shop and bought a few things. I've been in a bit of a older rock mood, so I got the Very Best of KISS and AC/DC's Back in Black. I picked up the 20th Century 96kHz/24-bit remaster of the Best of Sublime too. Earlier in the week I received Linkin Park's Reanimation in the Dvd-Audio format (circuitcity.com, $13.99). I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but it's pretty cool so far. I also re-bought X-Men because my other one snapped. And all the talk about the video and sound quality in Ice Age finally got to me so I snagged it for $14.99.

After I left the cd shop, I popped KISS in and it was skipping like hell. I know it's cold here but damn, play the effin' disc. Stupid Sony deck. I didn't get mad though, I got even. Drove to store I work at and purchased a new Alpine head unit. I got the cda-7893, but after reading the manual I'm going to swap it for the 7894 instead. The 93 doesn't have cd text and the 94 has this blackout feature, kinda like pure audio on some receivers. It's only $20 difference, so what the hell. Hopefully I can have it installed tomorrow, otherwise I'll have it done Friday.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited December 2002
    My day has been fairly good - 1) I got home from skool 6 hours early! YAY! 2) I cleaned the house and gave my mom computer speakers for her christmas present 3) i talked to my girl for 6 hours 4) i found out..NO SKOOL TOMMOROW!!!! HECK YEAH!
    so my day was fairly well! lol..well heres a picture i drew for giggles and laugh -- lol atc
    tiger.jpg
    lol....this picture has been edited...It made the lines a tad bit darker wit the computer...but other than that...yeah i drew it..lol! its amazing how it takes someone 45 minutes to draw something and 2 clicks to make cooler!!!!! newayz...its almost 2:30 and im wide awake!
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    edited December 2002
    MX,

Looks good, you've got some talent there.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited December 2002
    thank ya...if i can find the undoctored one...ill change the pic!!!! lol

lol...i was probally stupid and didnt change the name when i darkened the lines....HAAAAAA ( The lines, are cross stitched preset on adobe -- it looks alot cooler cross stitched instead of normal....lol... )
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited December 2002
    That's a great pic man. You could easily make a profession doing stuff like that.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2002
    fireshoes it was a great day for you. Me.. so so day. worked an extra hour. didn't get my Crutchfield catalog either today..
    been reading Sound and Vision though.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited December 2002
    wooo...if only people that 'get rich' off their art didnt die first! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC