Web Purchase Sites for our Electronics

brettw22brettw22 Posts: 7,700
edited December 2002 in Electronics
I saw a link for a website that someone was asking about the other day and now i can't find it. (if anyone remembers it, please lemme know) Then I started thinking (always a scary thing), but maybe we could all come up with a list of what our favorite electronic websites are as to where we shop through and just list them all in this post as a reference point to others........

So come on..........whatcha got?!?!?!? :-)
comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
meterdq8.gif
Post edited by brettw22 on

Comments

• RuSsMaNRuSsMaN Posts: 17,995
    edited November 2002
    What was it you were shopping for? A clue perhaps?

I choose not to divulge ALL of MY sites, I'd rather some be kept secret. I hope other members will do the same, if they know the sites I speak of. ;)

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Frank ZFrank Z Polk-a-dweeb Posts: 5,967
    edited November 2002
    Russ has been buying from Spankme.com for a LLOONNGGG Time!
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • brettw22brettw22 Posts: 7,700
    edited November 2002
    see......there was a reason I said favorite ELECTRONICS sites.......

Russ, i have no interest in your **** tendencies...........ha`ha

I know audiogon.com, and i've seen others mentioned, but can't remember them now......HELP
    meterdq8.gif
  • jdavyjdavy Posts: 380
    edited November 2002
    Onecall has been great. Fast shipping and good customer service. Their prices have gone up and can be cheeper at say B&H photo but, you can always negotiate. For car stereo, Crutchfield is fantastic. They not only sell good stuff but offer adapters and instructions for free. If that is not enough they have a phone number with techs to help you install your purchase.
    Polk Fan/Nut
    SDA SRS (Original) (2-channel home stereo) RT800i, CS400i, FX500i w/h Harmon Kardon 7000 & Sony DVP9000ES (Home Theater) & DX3065, DX10, SDA-ACM (Car system)
  • gidrahgidrah Posts: 3,030
    edited November 2002
    There's a plethora of used equipment out there. If you want used MacIntosh go to: http://www.AudioClassics.com/
    For used nOrh speakers go to: http://www.harmonicdiscord.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=16&sid=7c0edc30ba20c691e8ba04c5f1f947a4 they have other stuff, but nOrhs are common.

For new stuff I go to: http://altavista.com/ and do a search on a particular item. If you scroll down to the bottom there is a "shop the web" or some such link. It'll give you a bunch of sites selling the equipment, the prices & their ratings for customer service.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • brettw22brettw22 Posts: 7,700
    edited November 2002
    Anyone have any others for this list? (thanks to those that have posted the electronics sites they use)
    meterdq8.gif
  • Frank ZFrank Z Polk-a-dweeb Posts: 5,967
    edited November 2002
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • faster100faster100 Posts: 6,247
    edited December 2002
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • danger boydanger boy Posts: 15,888
    edited December 2002
    www.onecall.com is good. i don't buy from their online store... because their brick and morter store is located in the same city where i live.. and i'd have to pay shipping costs... when it's easier to just drive there and pick it up. they are good people to deal with. yeah they don't have the best prices.. but they offer good high end stuff.
    http://www.steinerelectronics.com/ is another good place that carries Polk Audio.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin: