Sub and the LSi9's

Soccerplyr
Soccerplyr Posts: 160
edited December 2002 in Speakers
I was wondering what sub people are using. I'm not a big fan over powering bass, plus the fact I live in an aparment upstairs, limits the sub quite a bit. Currently I have a Velodyne CHT-8 that I love. Will this do the trick or will the 9's over power it?
Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH
Monolith 7x200 Amplifier
Harmony Hub
Sony VLP-HW40ES
Visualapex 106" Electric Screen
Oppo BDP-103
Music Hall MMF 2.1
Polk LSiM 705
Polk LSiM704c
Polk LSiM702F/X
SVS PB-2000
Post edited by Soccerplyr on

Comments

• PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited December 2002
    It will do the trick, you're in good hand since you said you're limited on the sound volume.
  • gtbiker
    gtbiker Posts: 15
    edited December 2002
    I'm using the PSW1200. The discontinued Polk sub with the two 12" subs. I have way too much bass " if I need it". but it's great for HT, ok for music. The 9's won't over power a sub. They need a sub to compliment there detail. I haven't heard your sub but you need more of a musical sub than just a boom boom sub. Trust me you will know when you have a good match. What you don't want is for your 9's sing like a bird and your sub to rumble like a freight train with nothing in between the two.
    LSi9, LSiC, PSW1200, Definitive Technology BP2X surrounds, Sony rcvr STR-DE435, Panasonic DVD-RA60
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited December 2002
    Check out M&K! They got alllllllllllllllll awesome subs, all musical...and they have 8 inchers...so you dont have to get their impact! lol...newayz thats my rec.
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • Lsi9
    Lsi9 Posts: 616
    edited December 2002
    I have an unorthodox HSU Research subwoofer, it looks like a 5' tall cylinder...it goes down to 19hz...my lsi9's are on their way maybe I'll get them next week...I CANNOT wait to pair these two up...my sub can go down "scary" bass depths, while being laid back enough for being a solid, unobtrusive backdrop to music...the kool thing about the power is that it is an outboard 250 watt subwoofer amp...it looks way kool..

Audio Physic Scorpio II
    Pathos Logos
    MIT Shotgun S3
    Bada HD-22 CDP