sda srs 1.2 ?

Options
turbobusa65
turbobusa65 Posts: 105
edited December 2006 in Vintage Speakers
There's a set of monster's polk's on e-bay, and there's 23 hour's left to bid!:eek: But they are in England!! Wonder what the shipping charges would be.:eek: :eek: :mad:
Post edited by turbobusa65 on

Comments

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Forget about it! There will turn up in the USA soon enough. Overseas shipping is costly and risky.
    Carl

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited December 2006
    Options
    banged around in a container by waves all the way from england. Tempting but scary. Those containers aren't air tight either. But if they are not by the edge and they are packed well you might get lucky. I'd wait

Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • SwedePolk
    SwedePolk Posts: 22
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Hmmm, I seem to be blind, have a link?
  • turbobusa65
    turbobusa65 Posts: 105
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Looked for them this morning and could not find'um again. you all, please forgive me with the link's and pic's, Iam a no computer operating "son- of- a- gun" I stumbeled upon them by typing "sda speakers" and hitting the search button, my dumb luck I guess!:o Sorry:o
  • SwedePolk
    SwedePolk Posts: 22
    edited December 2006
    Options
    No harm done :) I just jumped on it because they were in europe.
    Keeping on looking...
  • jtgranby
    jtgranby Posts: 887
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Stay away from that seller. He or she keeps listing them and ebay deletes the listing It is a sham!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay away...

JT
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited December 2006
    Options
    it's a listing that pops up frequently----SCAM
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • shoester5
    shoester5 Posts: 51
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Stay away from this auction....total rip-off.....I see this on eBay every other week or so and eBay keeps taking it off.
    shoester5
    sub: M & K MX90
    Carver CT29V
    Carver TLM-3600
    Carver TFM-35X
    2-Carver TFM-15CB
    Carver TFM-6CB
    Denon DP51F
    DBX 3BX
    AudioControl C-101
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,823
    edited December 2006
    Options
    The guys are correct, it's a scam. The scammer lists all kinds of gear (not just Polk) at opening bids of $1.00, $99.00, etc. for one day only. The "location" is always London, England (even if under the sellers ID it says elsewhere, like France, Italy or USA) and in the description it always says that emails thru eBay will not be answered (HUGE RED FLAG!!!), to reply to an email account that's always different from his last scam.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk